SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
QUOTE (webby0121 @ 20 May 2011, 21:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is there any way to convert a normal slot car to awsome drag slot car

QUOTE (cliffmanley @ 21 May 2011, 23:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>pick it up, put it on a drag strip, race it... there you are, a drag car....

Heee Heee
, I know what Webby means, but Cliff' has a point.

Nevertheless, for a dedicated dragster, start off with a Parma RTR kit, or buy the bits (a 'Holeshot' or 'Parma Edge' chassis kit plus a body and some wheels etc) and try that out, see how it works, then move on from there.

HTH.

·
Still Learning
1,105 Posts
You can drag race box stock 1/32 slot cars but I am sure you will soon want an upgrade or two.
First step may be a more powerful motor,
Then you may want to change the rear axle so that you can change your gear ratio.
Wheels and aftermarket tyres for extra grip.
You can only go so far with power and grip before the car will wheelie and jump out of the slot.
Now you will start thinking of wheelie bars
If you haven't already you will now be looking enviously at the 1/24 cars on drag chassis

Best tip of all though if you add your location to your profile you may get invited along to one of the local drag clubs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in the middle of creating a wooden drag strip to use at home. So I can't really ad much to the tuning side of things, but drag racing to me has always been about Bracket Racing to handicap. That's what I'm looking for when my strip is finished.

I have two Parma Edge chassis to set up and race, along with some other custom stuff I'm fiddling with... buying drag tyres in Australia is a pain in the rear, and expensive...

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
QUOTE (cliffmanley @ 23 May 2011, 20:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have two Parma Edge chassis to set up and race, along with some other custom stuff I'm fiddling with...

So you are hooked then

QUOTE (cliffmanley @ 23 May 2011, 20:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>... buying drag tyres in Australia is a pain in the rear, and expensive...

Webby will clearly not be attending one of our local meets then. Shame.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
QUOTE (slotnik @ 23 May 2011, 20:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can drag race box stock 1/32 slot cars but I am sure you will soon want an upgrade or two.
First step may be a more powerful motor,
Then you may want to change the rear axle so that you can change your gear ratio...

Talking of rear axles...see here.

QUOTE (slotnik @ 23 May 2011, 20:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can only go so far with power and grip before the car will wheelie and jump out of the slot.
Now you will start thinking of wheelie bars

Hang on a minute: Did you say Wheelies (and it's Australian)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I would NOT go with a parma edge chassis... they are a basket case, lol.

Best bang for your buck is a wrp $10 chassis. Stainless steel chassis and you solder in the rails to whatever length you want/ need.

Cars for sale....lol! Every drag slot car is for sale for the right price, lol. If you go to the drag show n shine area of the forum... you'll see my cars. Hit me up if ya see something you like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts