SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I looked through the archives and could not find an answer, so I posted this question.

Is it possible to convert a Carerra analog car to be used on a SCX Digital track? If so, can you provide detailed instructions on how to do it?

I have an older Carerra analog car, but have an SCX Digital track and would like to use the car on my track.

I have NEVER done a Digital conversion before, much less a conversion between 2 different companies and really have no idea what that entails. Heck, I haven't even taken the body off the chassis on my car, looks like 4 little screws to take the body off. In fact, I know very little about 1/32 scale slot cars and tracks, most of my experience with slots have been HO scale.

Thanks for any help,
Duane aka spewy

·
Registered
534 Posts
Don't know anything about SCX Digital but I have converted Slot.it and SCX cars to run on Scalextric Sport Digital using Slot.it and Scalextric chips. Not too complicated to do, just requires a bit of soldering skill: 2 wires from guide need to be soldered to digital chip then the 2 wires from the chip need to be soldered to the motor. A small hole also needs to be drilled or punched in chassis for inertion of the 'eye'. If space inside the car is tight, sometimes creativity with the Dremel is necessary to open up more space for the actual physical accomodation of the chip.
I would imagine that the SCX system is similar but have no idea what their digital chips look like .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Steveaca, I think I can handle that sort of operation, have Dremel and sodering iron. I'll pick up a digital SCX chip and then rip into the Carrera car and see what sort of room I have to deal with.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Possible but SCX much more complex and expensive than SSD. As well as the chip there is a solenoid operated pin in the slot guide that is used for lane change.

Rich

·
Registered
458 Posts
No The SCX digital needs some mecanical thing at the guide. Please control some of your other cars for details.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts