SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a CLC ("on sale") with the intention of converting it from a LH Out to In to a RH In to Out and noticed that the flippers are different sizes and that the "gap" between the rails at the flipper pivot is slightly different in size.

Will this cause a problem?

In other words, do I swap BOTH the flippers and the electronics or just the stuff under the track?
I know I will likely have to un-pin the exit flipper to do this mod.
I am on limited internet access on vacation so did not have lots of time to search for a solution on this forum.

Any comments would be welcome.
Cheers!

·
Greg Gaub
14,958 Posts
Leave the flippers in place, and swap over only the electronics. If your exit flipper is fixed, that will be the hardest part, removing the fixing pin (not the pivot pin!). You can leave it off after that, or reinstall it on the other side. Personally, I'd leave it off.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hi all
I've done about five now couple were the old ones which didnt have pins
and three new ones which did but I wired them up so you take the driving line
without pressing lane change button its great when friend come rounds
they cant get there heads round it brill.
regards ade

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Thanks for the feedback.

Asked the question since I could only find C7007 and C7008 CLCs in the shops ..... then found a wonderful supplier in Tacoma, WA, with a warehouse of EVERYTHING in it.... turns out he used to be the importer for N. America in a previous life (Mr. Flippant knows who I speak of).

At least now I can mod the ones that need modding to do the In-to-In or convert so that one can go In-to Out-to-In on consecutive corners (still in design stage).

You assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

PS Does anyone know why the flippers are different? I noticed that for the C7010 and C7007 the tracks look identical but the electronics are on the opposite ends... but the "left" flipper (looking at the track as "/\") is different from the "right" flipper.... both in length and spacing between the contact rails at the pivot end of the flipper.

Anyone have an explanation? I would have thought they would be identical given that the molds are used for more than one part number.

Cheers, again!

·
Greg Gaub
14,958 Posts
It's all about the geometry of a curve that is tangent to two different radius curves. One intersection will be different than the other, therefore the wedge that the flipper replaces will have a different shape. Then there are two versions of the track piece itself, so four flipper shapes all together.

Alan's great. Did you have a long chat with him? It's hard to get away without one. ;-)

And hey, you should have let me know you were passing though. You could have taken a short break in driving for a few laps on my track.

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Swap solenoids, no soldering required.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts