SlotForum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I am using this system for 1/24 scale European Plafit Championship type cars -- I need an aftermarket power supply. I am attempting to convert a Scalextric "Pacer" to Carrera track. Yes, I have read the SCI article. But I am wondering whether it is possible to use an MRC 260 (which has an AC output) or any other aftermarket power supply, to power the Pacer unit.

Also, does anyone know whether the Carrera Pro-X system can be made to operate like the Pacer system (which simply records voltages around the track); i.e., can it be made to repeat a human's run around the track rather than run at a constant voltage?

I have considered using Carrera Pro-X with an aftermarket power supply to one lane of a two lane track (to run a ghost car on my existing layout), but anticipate the following:

I have read Darainbow's post about aftermarket power supplies, and visited his website, but I have the following question: Can I simply remove the lane changes and wire only one lane Carrera Pro-X (I want a race challenger, lane changing can be sacrificed) -- I want to use only one lane Carrera Pro-X because I do not want to use the Pro-X Controller. Alternatively, has anyone upgraded the Pro-X controller?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
QUOTE Also, does anyone know whether the Carrera Pro-X system can be made to operate like the Pacer system (which simply records voltages around the track); i.e., can it be made to repeat a human's run around the track rather than run at a constant voltage?

No you can't, the Carrera base station runs the cars according to a dip switch system and simply runs slow, medium or fast depending on the position of the switches.

I have not bothered to go into ProX further so the other questions will have to wait for an answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts