SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to take a SCX car and add the chip to make it SSD ?

thanks

brian

·
Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
QUOTE (bmacminn @ 24 Jan 2005, 13:42)i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to take a SCX car and add the chip to make it SSD ?You basically insert the digital controller between the guide shoes and the motor. Then you drill a hole for the LED close behind the guide blade.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (SWoRd @ 24 Jan 2005, 18:02)QUOTE (bmacminn @ 24 Jan 2005, 13:42)i was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to take a SCX car and add the chip to make it SSD ?You basically insert the digital controller between the guide shoes and the motor. Then you drill a hole for the LED close behind the guide blade.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought scx cars used those metal strips and not wires to connect the guide to the motor. I will have to look at the inside of an scx car

·
Soren Winkler Rasmussen
355 Posts
QUOTE (bmacminn @ 24 Jan 2005, 18:07)i thought scx cars used those metal strips and not wires to connect the guide to the motor. I will have to look at the inside of an scx carI have one SCX car (a Volvo 850) that uses normal wires, but you may very well be right about other models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts