SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have done a search on the forum and didn't get on to well as I get weird results but I am wanted to know if anyone as converted any trucks to digital?

I have looked at the official website and they don't even sell trucks at the moment so my question is this. Can you convert the analogue trucks to digital? I suppose its just the same principle as converting a analogue car?

Fezinio

·
Greg Gaub
14,984 Posts
Yes, several people have converted trucks, and it's the same as converting any other analog car. Since you used the "DPR" acronym, I'm assuming you are referring to Scalextric Digital. If so, look in the Chipping Database at the top of the SSD forum to find examples of trucks being chipped.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah sorry about that I wasn't to clear there was I.

I meant to say digital on Scalextric.

Thanks for the info I will check it out

Fezinio

·
Prof I T
11,162 Posts
hi
much easier to use the older solder version of the saloon chip or if space is tight the F1 solder in chip as the dpr ones need a special plug that comes with cars that are dpr ready.

Trying to source these plugs is difficult and time consuming using the above will have you running in no time.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi Fezinio,

As mentioned, it is the same principal as other anolog cars.

One word of caution, these Fly motors are a bit more powerful than standard scalextric motors so you might need use the slot.it chip instead of the scaley ones because the scaley ones might burn up.

However, if you run your track at a lower voltage and/or have taken the magnets of the trucks, you should be just fine with the scaley chips.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have done a search on the forum and didn't get on to well as I get weird results

Some one suggested when searching to put slotforum followed by your search words which seems to work well for me

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi

I have converted 2 Fly trucks to Carrera Digital and I found it easier than converting a car as there is a lot more room inside the trucks.

As the Carrera chips are larger than the Scaly ones I wouldn't think you will have an issue - not sure about the SCX truck although I have done an SCX Humber, Pajero and VW Touareg without issue.

They can be viewed here

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...30&start=30

Page 3 and 6

Cheers

·
Robb
581 Posts
QUOTE (ss67 @ 15 Jul 2011, 19:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Are we talking about Fly, SCX or Scaley trucks?
Thats what I was wondering.
I've done a Scalextric truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts