SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are more little gems there but these four were must haves...

Still in shrink wrap..

Lovely little English Sports car...

Two from Germanys finest race car company..

Proof it is worth trawling those small 'lost in time' shops?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Very nice find Swiss.

The MGA is one i have been after for a while - what else was there.

If you say a minty MG 1300 Airfix rally kit i will jump on a plane!!!

Gareth

PS ages and ages ago someone told me about a Japanese Slot car of an MGB - i have never seen on, has anyone got a picture?

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
"ages and ages ago someone told me about a Japanese Slot car of an MGB - i have never seen one, has anyone got a picture"

Don't know of one, but are you sure it was not a Datsun Fairlady, they are very similar.
I have had people get these mixed up in the past

This one is 1/24 but Tokyo Plamo also did one in 1/32

BTW the Aurora Rover Turbine sometimes came with the slot car interior, just fit an Aurora K&B chassis and away you go

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
QUOTE If you say a minty MG 1300 Airfix rally kit i will jump on a plane!!!
My daily driver is a minty Austin version of the MG1300,known this side of the pond as an Austin America.

Nice find Swissy.I sold one of those MGAs mib for 67.00us about three years ago.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE BTW the Aurora Rover Turbine sometimes came with the slot car interior, just fit an Aurora K&B chassis and away you go

Thats the one I have, opened it because I am going to build it. It has a full pan chassis and two end pieces plus one driver figure and three other figures.

Anyone got an Aurora K&B chassis I can buy then?

Actually - were they any good first?

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
You're lucky if it has got the slot car interior, this is quite rare.

I got plenty of the chassis if you want one.
Yes. they are very good in a 1/32 car, in 1/24 they tend to have no brakes!

The real trick is to use the 1/24 motor which has a different drilling for the rear axle, which with 1/32 wheels will then sit much lower on the track (sometimes too low!) giving some magnatraction

I think with the Rover, you would need too use a 1/32 motor as tis car has quite small wheels, the chassis would drag on the track if you used a 1/24 motor.

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Sorry, but you don't have the slot car interior, makes fitting the Aurora chassis difficult as the mounts are on the interior.
Although, I have made one from this kit chassis (so the plastic matches) and made it difficult to tell it was not the real thing!

Here it is, sorry about the picture quality it was taken with a steam digital camera

·
Jim Moyes
5,068 Posts
Never mind all that lot, Swiss!!

You've got more pressing concerns!!

And I need more inspiration!

Chop chop!!

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,068 Posts
QUOTE (philsmith @ 27 May 2004, 15:59)The real trick is to use the 1/24 motor which has a different drilling for the rear axle, which with 1/32 wheels will then sit much lower on the track (sometimes too low!) giving some magnatraction

Aaah-ha!!

The penny drops!

A few years ago a rare Ebay win included a passable fibreglass Ferrari TR mounted on a slightly modded K&B chassis and, boy, does that have some downforce. Coincidentally, the reason for the bid was to get the Monogram MGA included in the parcel!

What flavour MG 1100 do you want Gareth??

Mr.M

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I don't have the mono, traded a nos one away years ago in that I run everything and it was collectable even then!

Back in the mid 60s, I did a lot of racing with the real cars. Hung out with a bad lot, besides approved SCCA stuff, we did a bunch of illegal street racing. Still have a soft spot for the cars. So, over the years, I have done a lot of cars no one ever heard of. Cars, mostly, I remember seeing at some race being some guy's daily driver with the bumpers pulled off and "shoe polish" numbers.

The TR3s are a touch oversize. But it is minor stuff, like 3/32" too wide and tall. Most people dont notice. The MGA by Lindberg, however, is so much like the Monogram that in a couple decades of running it, most collectors assume I HAVE a mono. Are always upset when I explain it is not. Now, to me, I want the MGA, not the collectable part!
The Porsche 356 is very scale and cool, and fits entirely INSIDE the recent Ninco offerings!
Anyway, there are a bunch of nice 1/32s that were done by Aurora, Lindberg and such worth looking for if you like doing street racers, or having them in the parking lots.

Fate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.