SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Forget the saws Al...You could do some REAL damage with that beastie......

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I agree completely. I have had so much trouble in the past using computers without keyboards. Nice find

More seriously though, WTF is it? Looks like a badge maker... are you branching out?

McLaren

·
Registered
316 Posts
My guess...

Looking at the tool itself, its a punch or hole maker ?
or
Looking at the "bits" in the base its a "Die and Tapper"

To be honest no idea... but its fun to guess

CoolS

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE More seriously though, WTF is it? Looks like a badge maker... are you branching out?
No,not branching out,it's a Staking tool,generaly used in the clock/watchmaking shops to Stake Bearings into watch and clock plates.

But,it also has 101 other uses,and with the addition of various and sundry parts and pieces,it's uses are endless.It can perform embossing,such as puting rivit detail into thin plastic/brass/aluminum sheet.You can set miniature rivits,it can be adapted to take letter and number stamps.

One of the main things I intend to do with this is make a miniature drilling attatchment to go on it for real small drills,under 1/16 inch.

I have been looking for one of these for many years.It was a great find,and very cheap.A friend of mine had two complete tools for his Eyeglass shop and needed a specially made Anvil for his regular one.In trade for making iy foir him,he gave me the one he didn't use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts