SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this to be an interesting looking car. The kit was very simple to put together. The hardest part of the build was choosing a colour.

Car Hood Toy Motor vehicle Automotive design

The original body posts were removed for a custom made chassis.

Vehicle Automotive design Electric blue Plastic Car

The chassis.

Rectangle Metal Auto part Aluminium Titanium

The chassis fully assembled.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Chassis with body mounted.

Wheel Vehicle Gas Passive circuit component Electric blue

Let's go racing!

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

Thanks for looking.

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Very nice job! Monograms kit version of this car was my first slot car back in the 60s.
This is my recent Covid quarantine build.

Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Racing Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel Gas Telephony Communication Device

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Very nice looking cars fellas.

You are both way faster than me using Slot.It motors (specially that 25k flat-6). I'm using a 14k - BWMS050 slow class motor.

Funny thing is this car is close to holding the track record for this slow class. You couldn't pay me real money to put a fast motor in this car. It's just too much fun to win races against other slow motor cars.

I had a dilema using the original wheel inserts. Besides being ugly (to me anyways). They didn't fit the Slot.It wheels at all. I prefer American 5-spoke wheels, and these D'Art Hobbies inserts fit the wheels perfectly.

Cooper team racing anyone?
thumbsup.gif

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Here's mine, built in 1964, brush painted......

It's hung together pretty well over all these years.......even been in a few proxies......

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Hood

Attachments

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool piece of history Al. Well excecuted brush-work too. Your stacks are a bit nicer with the flair openings.

A common thing I see between all the cars. We all installed a better driver's head.
thumbsup.gif

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Those stacks are stainless 1/16 eyelets just glued onto the original injector stacks........

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very cool detail Al. Thank you very kindly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.