SlotForum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Terrific work guys! Everything about your track setup, from the decor of the shed to the scenery work on the the track to the details you've come up with to organise the race events is well done. Thanks for sharing your project, it looks like it will be a lot of fun to use.

Brad

·
David Taylor
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Cheers aqgain for the comments guys...especially from the likes of you Brad.

We had our first official big night last night and ended up with 18 racers....which was pretty hectic to handle. Racing was great and intense with plenty of offs. We recorded some of the racing and will get it up shortly. Last night was a bit of a test run if you like and one of the big things for improvement to come out of it was I need to give the cars more downforce for the novice drivers.

The winner for the night was my old man in a camaro...actually camaros took 1st 2nd and 3rd which was a bit surprising since the mustangs handle better. I ashamedly didnt finish a single race and finished on zero points for the night (along with 6 other drivers in the C main).

Damage wise we only had two bumpers come off and a headlight fall out of one of the bob jane camaros...which in 3.5 hours of racing with a big group of novice drivers is absolutely amazing!!!

We are looking into a few classes to start up a mini club with a BYO car flavour to it. The camaros and mustangs will be used for big groups such as parties or non club orientated racing nights.

Will post videos shortly

Dave

·
Registered
77 Posts
Grab your popcorn, it's time for a movie.

Racing was mostly by first timers so some of it is fairly ordinary in the video (jerky and erratic) and the lane changers aren't being utilised as much as they would if guys with a bit more confidence were racing. I've chopped and edited footage to try to eliminate the parts where our punters ran out of talent. Anyway, enjoy.

I know I can insert the youtube video, but our work server is playing up and the link is the quickest way.

·
David Taylor
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Karpeski,

I am trying to work through the language barrier here and in no way do I intend to be critical of your english....hats off to you for being able to speak more than one language as I certainly can't.

If I am getting it right, do you want a diagram of the track layout?

You will need a table 2.4m (8ft) x 4.8m (16ft)

Cheers for you comments

Dave

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
Shouldn't there be a XLC just at the start of the start/finish straight between lane 2 and 3???

If the red car in lane 1 change to lane 2 at the first XLC, but doesn't go from lane 2 to 3 at the next LC, the red car will have to go a whole lap before it can change to lane 3.

·
David Taylor
271 Posts
Slotrace.dk,

Yeah fair point. The lap times around 7 seconds so its not a big waiting time. You cant get XLC for the middle two lanes but I will prob put a single one in each direction somewhere else in the track. Maybe just on the exit of the last corner.

I think you were chasing photos or a step by step of the table build, unfortunately I dont have any pics of the build and it was built nearly two years ago. I just gave a carpenter a hand but cant remember very well what exactly we did.

Dave

·
David Taylor
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Gday all,

It has been a while since I have posted any upates on the track. The track has recently been recopper taped (and done a lot better) and is working faultlessly.

We had a few areas left in complete (and there still is a few little bits to go) as we have been using the track more than finishing off the scenery. We had a narrow strip along the back straight that required some work which my brother fitted an old run down fence and some trees (note the lichen on the posts and burnt out fence posts). My father also made a water tank and tower for the windmill.

We have also got a growing group of racers coming along now and will be kicking off serious (but friendly and fun) racing in 2010. We have a group of aout 13 or 14 racers who have purchased cars and are entered for the new years season!!!

For more info on the build... http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?sho...0&start=100

Dave

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Thanks for the update Dave. The new additions to the scenery work are really nice. Your brother did some fantastic modelling work on that fence. The textures and colours of the surrounding scenery are very realistic. What a nice track and shed; no wonder you have a growing group of racers. They're lucky to have such a nice track to race on.

Brad

·
David Taylor
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I had to blow some dust off the files to dig this little number out of the woodwork

Anyway...the old Copper Mill Raceway is getting an upgrade and will need some reference changes in the Tracks Index. The track will no longer be plastic as it is getting converted to routed timber with ferradore surface. It will no longer be four lanes, it is being reduced to three lanes for non mag racing to allow a bit of sliding room (and try to smooth out the corners) and finally, it will not be Ninco Digital anymore...but will be powered by Scorpius. Copper Mill Raceway will now also have an active pits!!!

There will be minor tweaks to the scenery (but nothing major)

The plastic track has been ripped up and laid on MDF. The mdf traced and cut along the edges. The first lane is almost completely routed.

Just a poor quality photo off my iphone

Now a nostalgic photo of the track in its old form...

Will keep you updated.

Dave

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.