SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have a small dead spot in my Carrera track. I've read you can add copper tape on top of the rails to correct this.
Can anyone tell me if this particular type of tape will work?:
Silver backed copper tape
My thinking is instead of having a small patch of copper colored tape, it would be silver like the original rails.

·
Registered
93 Posts
HI, is this a single spot or a single piece of dead track. If you can get electrical power to all other sections of track,then it's that one track section. If it's a single dead spot on one piece of track,check to see if the rails are not pushed into or below the track section to far where the car stops. I had a car that would stop in one spot everytime and i thought it was the car. I have Ninco and the track rails sit higher than most other brands. Where my car would stop i found that the one rail was lower than the other and the car reacted like it came out of the slot everytime it hit that low section of track. Check it out first before you coppper tape it. Robert

·
Registered
181 Posts
I used 3/16" silver backed (silver both sides) Venture tape when I built my hybrid track.
Half the track is Carrera and half is routed wood. Worked out real well.

How big of a section is giving you troubles?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.
The problem spot seems to be small, about half of one lane of a Carrera crossover track.
I thought I could copper tape that area, in order to get out of having to lift and unclip / dismantle what will soon be a permanent track.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi , do you have a voltage tester, try checking that piece of track with the tester. You may be able to narrow it down even more if you start at one end of the piece of suspect track. JUst another idea , Robert

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
The Carrera crossover track has wires with contact strips at each end which push into holes under the rails to bridge the gaps at the crossover point. It may be one of these that has failed.

Allan

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE The Carrera crossover track has wires with contact strips at each end which push into holes under the rails to bridge the gaps at the crossover point. It may be one of these that has failed.
Allan, even if this is the case, will the laying of new copper tape on the dead rail help the problem? Its a bit difficult for me now to get to the bottom of the track piece because its already connected and secured.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts