SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

A great deal has been done over the last week and thanks to everyone whom contributed. With the easter long w/e coming up we believe one last big push will see all the work completed and we can then plan the moving of the tracks. So Gavin is going to be on site Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday from 09.00 and we need as many of you all to turn up and provide whatever time you can over this period.

We are nearly there guys and the new club will be something each of us can be really proud of.

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi Matt,
Speaking with Gavin yesterday he said he will be there Friday (Good Friday), Saturday and Sunday but is away from Monday.
I will try to get Kevin to come one of these days to get the plumbing finished.
Beyond that there's still a lot to do.
Painting all the walls.
Painting the metal beams.
Painting doors and doorways.
Fitting and painting skirting and archtrave around the doors.
Finishing the electrics.
Fitting the work benches along the side wall.
Fitting out the kitchen area.
Floor covering.
In my view all of this needs to be done before we start moving the tracks in.
Anyone who can help will be made very welcome.
Cheers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to confirm that I will be there on Monday and it is a work day, my schedule changed since I originally spoke to ****.

Thanks for all your help guys, its nearly ready!

Gavin.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Update on who's helping out over the Easter weekend.

Friday.
Matt & John R

Saturday.
**** T, **** K, Kevin G & John R.

Sunday.
David C & Matt (maybe).

Monday.
David C & John R (maybe)

I believe Gavin will be around every day but is likely to be busy with other things.
If Matt can't do Sunday then I will if David is going.

Anyone else is welcome any of these days.

Cheers.

·
John Roche
4,156 Posts
Sorru guys,

I wasn't able to make it today but will be there tomorrow.

I can't do Monday either.

Cheers

John

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Saturday evening update.
Lots of progress today.
Gavin, **** K & Kevin G will be there again on Sunday.
Plenty more painting to do if anyone else can come along.

Don't know if anyone will be there on Monday.
If anyone wants to go you will need to let Gavin know on Sunday.

**** T & **** K will also be there on Tuesday.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Just an update, Gavin & I were there yesterday and assembled the kitchen units that I picked up on the way to Corby in the morning. These will need bolting/screwing together and put in position for Kevin & **** to do the plumbing on Saturday. Gavin made the access hatch frame near the sink, so as soon as the plumbing is done we can plasterboard the wall. Plenty more cleaning/painting still to do, but we are almost there. Just for the record, I've added the following images to show how far we have come in a relatively short time.

And now

Mike T

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
This is how we plan to fit all the tracks into the new club room.

Mike T's photo above is taken from about the right hand end of the Raceway drivers rostrum looking towards the kitchen and stairs.
The main club entrance is below the kitchen area and up the stairs (only one flight this time).
There is another room and toilet at the foot of the stairs which we will be able to use at major meetings.

In order to fit it all in and have access all round we will have to shorten the scale track a little.
We lose 4ft out of each straight to and from the hairpin but it shouldn't really affect the character of the track.

Cheers.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Would it be possible to have another track that could be lowered down to sit above the Scale track ........ say for digital racers??

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Hi Greg.
Not sure if you're truely serious about that idea.
I have seen it done at another club, Timaru in Ramsgate.
It would certainly be possible to construct a track to sit on top of the Slotstox track.
The major issue would be having enough members interested enough in digital racing to make it worthwhile.
We did in the past attempt to get a HO section going.
Tony Stacey from the South Cambridgeshire HO Club very kindly brought some track along and ran a couple of evenings racing for us.
Unfortunately we couldn't generate enough interest to sustain it.
We are open to any ideas like this but it would need a club member committed enough to get it off the ground and keep it going.
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Thanks Steve,
I had planned to visit North London a bit more often this year but with all this going on it just hasn't been possible.

There's a bit more plaster boarding and plastering still to do.
Then the fiinal fitting and plumbing of the kitchen area.
Some more work on the electrics.
Lots more painting.
We're hoping to get most of this done by the end of this weekend.
After that we can start on laying the big pile of carpet tiles, some of which you can see in Mike T's photo.
So we should be building the pit benches and moving in the first of the tracks in a couple of weeks.

Several of us will be taking a weekend off from all this work to do the big D3 event at North London on May 12th/13th.
See you then.
Cheers.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts