SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
As Gavin is away for the weekend it will be Sunday only this week - 5th February.
Craig will open up for us at around 9am and close up at 5pm.
Anyone who can help will be very welcome.
See you there.

·
Phil Smith
2,638 Posts
I was interested to see where the new club was, so checked it out on Google, looks like it makes no difference to me, in distance, from getting off the A1,

Looking at the satellite picture it looks like a huge industrial unit, how much of this have the club got?, I read talk of floors and staircases (Oh no not more stairs!) so are you making the unit into two floors and getting the top half, or what?
Would help out if I were nearer!

·
John Roche
4,237 Posts
Hi Phil,

We're on the first floor, or will be when there is a floor so less climbing.

The area is similar to our present main clubroom and is on top of the offices.

We're still aiming to have it all ready for Double Trouble.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi all,
I've arrived, roads not that bad fromy side.
No-one here to inlock though.
Ed

·
David Farrow
1,245 Posts
hi all

It was called off due to wether. ed I had your number and sent you a text. We will have to set up a phone number list so this wont happen. Couls everyone just send me a Text on 07743854493 so I have your numbers.
Thanks
Df

·
Registered
416 Posts
No one has arrived to open yet.
I'm goona wait til 10, I'll post if anyone arrives by then
Ed

·
Registered
416 Posts
Still no Craig to unlock, so I'm off to play in the snow on the way home.
See you all next weekend.
Ed

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi Dave,
I can.t remember if I gave you my new no.
I'll email it to you.
Ed

·
David Farrow
1,245 Posts
Hi everyone

Well last Sunday was a tragedy.

The next work party is Saturday the 11 February. Gavin will be there for that. Just so we don't have people wasting their weekends can we set up a phone number list so we can let everyone know if its not going ahead. If you can all sent me your numbers to me on 07743854493. Just text me your name. Please could you send it, even if you don't thing you will coming this weekend. I would much rather send out to many texts than have some one turn up having a wasted journey. We are still at the building stage and once we get the room built I am sure we will get on much faster as there are more jobs more of us can do. I am quite happy slapping a bit of paint on walls but all this building work is a bit beyond me and probably most of us feel the same way.

Next Sunday is Milton Keynes and the Area round at Ipswich so we will need a good show this Saturday.

See you all then

Df

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Guys,
The Milton Keynes swap meet and a BSCRA area round on Sunday this weekend means that it will be Saturday (11th Feb) only this time.
Still some joists to install and the stairs to put in for the skilled amongst us.
Floor laying and lots of other odd jobs for everyone else.
If you can make it you'll be made very welcome.
Hope the snow holds off this time.
See you there.
Cheers.

·
John Roche
4,237 Posts
Hi guys,

unfortunately it's a no show for me today. I injured my hand on a training course at work this week, don't ask.

I had hoped it would be OK. I may get to MK tomorrow though.

Cheers

John

·
David Farrow
1,245 Posts
Hi Guys

Well it turned out to be a blinding one day week end. **** T and Steve were hard at it, Gavin was grinding away, after a slow start little Andy, **** K and Collin got laid!!!!!! Ok I could have said it better but well you know. But seriously the stairs are in and held up by gravity screws and a good half of the floor is down. Another day like this should see the entire floor down. Pretty impressive as we have only been at it for 5 days.

The next day is Saturday the 18th Nothing doing on the Sunday.

We could do with as much help as possible as the work is a bit less technical from now on. We will soon have our own entrance and then things can really move up a notch.

See you on the 18th

1 - 20 of 65 Posts