Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

this is the current plan - over the next 2 w/e's finish off the club room.

This Wednesday Ed will transport the oval slot stox track over the Corby - Ed please liaise with Gavin or **** Kerr about the best place to put the track as there will still be work to be done on the room

May Day bank holiday weekend - we will move, erect and get as operational as possible the raceway track. We need as much muscle as possible esp on the Sat to move and erect the track. That means the last club nights racing on the track at W'boro will be May 1st

The following weekend in May we will move, erect and get as operational as possible the scale track. Again we will need as much muscle as poosible, esp the Saturday to dismanlte, move and erect the track. That means the last club nights racings on this track at W'boro will be 10th May.

Hopefully we can get both tracks operational over the w/e's of their moves, but if not it will probably mean we will cancel the following weeks racing to get the tracks up and running.

Matt

·
John Roche
4,155 Posts
Hi Matt,

I'll be there tomorrow but next weekend I'm in the Peak District, coming home via the Wolves Le Mans meeting on the Sunday. The following weekend I'm at the Roncole Verdi (formerly Turin) vintage meeting. Boyth these trips were arranged before we knew we were movng.

Cheers

John

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Matt,
Whilst it may be possible to move, re-erect and get operational the Raceway over the long Bank Holiday weekend I'd be happier if we spent a little more time setting it up properly and doing some work on leveling and smoothing it rather than rushing to get it operational again.
As regards the scale track, there is no way it can be moved, modified, re-erected, rebraided and returned to a working condition in one normal weekend.
When we moved it from Kettering to Wellingborough it took about four weeks before it was operational again and, at that time, it was still a sectional track that could easily be disassembled.
Don't rush to get the tracks running as soon as possible.
Spend some time to do the work to the highest standards we can because, as you know, once the tracks are running no-one will do any work on them they will only want to race.
Cheers.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Me and my dad are on way to wellingborough to move the oval track and anything else from outer room that will fit in van. Anybody who could maybe lend a hand it wud b appriated. Once at corby the plan is to put it in the downstairs room is that ok?

Simon #218

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
Simon have you called Gavin to ensure that you can get in at Corby?
I believe the Race Team are off to a test this week.
I doubt that there will be enough room in the downstairs room for the track.
You can put it upstairs on the left hand side, where the pit benches will be.
We will make sure the right side carpeting gets finished on Saturday so the track can be re-assembled next week.
We will be there Saturday if you can make it.
Cheers.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Si/Ed
as **** says noone on site this week as the team are in Portugal. I did text Ed on Monday but that obviously did not get thru to him

Sat would be the better option in terms of delivering the track to Corby and there will be a number of us there to help out.

Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Man, van and trailer available any day, but not every day. I can be at Wellingborough by 10 am on which ever day has the most fit young men committing to help. Saturday would be best, but number of people is more important.

Steve T

·
John Roche
4,155 Posts
Sorry guys,

I'm racing at the vintage meeting in Italy. Hopefully I'll be available the following weekend. I'm sure there'll be plenty left to do

Cheers

John

·
David Collins
2,359 Posts
Matt, I'm very sorry but I cannot do this Saturday or Sunday. But I can do Monday - I'll be in Corby at around 9.00 in the morning after dropping of my daughters (or at Wellingborough a few minutes later). I will however be able to do both days if needed the weekend after.

Hope to see you Thursday.

David

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
OK Guys,
The plan goes like this.

Tuesday (maybe) Ed is planning to deliver the Slotstocx track to Corby (he already has it in his van).

Tuesday (after racing) and Thursday evening begin to dismantle the Raceway.

Saturday. Take apart and transport the Raceway to Corby.
Steve T will be there at about 10am with his van and trailer. **** T and David F have said they will be there as well.
I plan to go straight to Corby to clear the remaining floor area and get on with the carpet laying but can go to Wellingborough instead if needed.

Either Sunday or Monday. Another full days work could see the Raceway erected at Corby.

Kevin G and I are currently planning to be there Monday to complete the kitchen installation and plumbing, if it stops raining for a while!

Plenty of other things to be done such as fitting the worktops to the pit area.
If any of our electricians are available there's plenty for them to do as well.

Advanced warning re the following weekend.
There is a big D3 event at North London (both days) to which myself and Steve T are going. **** T is also unavailable that weekend.

Cheers.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Little Andy, John Underwood (if really needed as it is quite a trek for him) and me are available Saturday and I could be available Sunday but will need to garner a few more browny points this week. Will let you know if others are able and willing

Matt

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
News update.
The last ever race on the Raceway at Wellingborough took place yesterday evening.
A win for Gavin was the, not too unusual, result.
After the racing the track was dismantled.
So on Saturday it's all hands to get it down the stairs and into the van and trailer for transport to Corby.
Steve will be there at 10am with his van.
If anyone can help with the move please come along.
Cheers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi guys
Now back from getting married but off to Malta on Saturday to skipper a yacht so won't be around for another couple of weeks. Good luck with the move. Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
An excellent day today.

The Raceway has been moved and re-erected.
Most of the carpet is laid.
We now have mains power sockets connected up and working.
Thankyou to everyone who helped.

There will be no one there on Sunday.

I will be there again on Monday by about 9.15am.
Anyone who is free will be welcome to come and give a hand.

The next big weekend will be Saturday 19th/Sunday 20th May when we plan to move the Scale track.
We will again need as many helpers as possible to do this.
It has to be that weekend as Steve's van and trailer will not be available next weekend, May 12th/13th, or on the weekend of May 26th/27th.

Cheers.

·
John Roche
4,155 Posts
Excellent news ****. well done everyone. I'm sorry I wasn't there but I was enjoying myself with vintage slots in Italt. I got back at 03.00 this morning.

Are you saying there's no work party this weekend?

I can be there on the 20th but may be a bit fragile as I'm at a wedding on the Saturday.

Cheers

John

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi all,
Myself & Si are hoping to deliver the slotstox track on Wednesday,
Can anyone check with Gavin that, that is ok?
Time wise we'd hope to be in Corby for about 12ish.
Thanks Ed.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
More good progress today.

Carpeting done as far as possible at present.
Plumbing completed and the leak from the water pipe fixed (we hope).
Thanks to Kevin G and his boys and to Ricky for their help today.

I don't know about a work party next weekend.
Steve T and I will be racing D3 cars at North London and I believe **** T is also unavailable.
That doesn't mean that others can't organise things though.
A start needs to be made on cutting the work tops for the pit benches.

Ed, give Gavin a call before you go up there.
I believe he is there this week but you can never be sure.
If you don't have his number look up Team West-Tec on the internet.
As long as someone is there it should be ok to deliver the track.
Carpeting is done in that area and the space cleared ready.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.