SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Cheater,

Yes, I do believe you are right - Unsafe at any Speed was at the back of my mind when I wrote that post. However, I do remember seeing footage (maybe on discovery channel, or just a car documentary) of Corvairs getting it wrong. Please note that any car can be filmed getting it wrong so once again I have been misguided

Thanks for the link - interesting article. You learn something new everyday on SF!!

I wonder though, perhaps the characteristics of the rear engined configuration (especially beyond it's limits) may have created the unsafe myth when it was presented to the American customers. After all they had been used to driving vehicles in the main which had large powerplants up front? Any thoughts?

Mark.

· Registered
1,889 Posts
Cheater...wow! Thanks for the links. I think I need to get some more beer and get comfortable in front of my PC!
Yopur knowledgeable comments now make even more sense - you actually owned examples of the vehicle
I however did not (either 1:1 or smaller) and so my thoughts were based on heresay

Mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts