SlotForum banner

Course sans Entretien

87K views 425 replies 70 participants last post by  Kellerkind 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

time has come.
Tomorrow i take the ready milled wooden plates in my flat.

And the- "Let the games begin"
Today i got the background picture and i think this is the right one for my theme.- Fance in the 50ties-.
6m x0,4m for only 30€. Thats a good price i think.

The only things i have to do! cut them in the widht and the height and glue them on the board. And cover the electicity pylons.

And that is what i bought this morning for 8€, These are from the Siku classicline and the normal price is nearly 25€
thus I intend something special

See less See more
#6 ·
I like the background scenery

Look forward to seeing the build

#8 ·
Hi Black3sr,

nearly, the tractor will drive on the plate and will perform its work!

When it´s ready i´ll make a little video

Today I have to model the heights only once begun with the underbody by bars and borders. Photos come later

I have also equivalent times a question at you. How do I get a difference in height of 15cm with a length of 40cm with 12 cm MDF?

Water or stomething like that?

I have no idea.

#9 ·
QUOTE How do I get a difference in height of 15cm with a length of 40cm with 12 cm MDF?
Frank, tell me if I understand...

You want to create a difference of 150mm in height, with a piece of MDF 400mm long and 12mm thick?
The MDF will bend, although you may need to do it gradually.
I have read of people using water, but I would think this would be no good for the MDF after a while.
Try increasing the height a bit at a time, maybe a cm or two each day... let it take shape slowly.

Or cut the underside with a saw or router across the board, this will allow some flex too.

I hope you understand...

Dick

#11 ·
Both are good ideas,

I´ll try it with the slots on the underside and a little bit of water, so that I receive a flowing transition.
That the water does attack the MDF is not badly, since that becomes a way occupied with "crushed stone"

I will report!!!!

#12 ·
Morning erverybody,

yesterday i started with the underbody, specially with the different hight in front of the track.

right the road becomes the village and beside it comes directly a increased dirt road, surface with grass and sand

the crossing becomes an approach road to the palace, which I already presented to you in my pictures treath

Before my mental eye I today already know, how will look and as soon as the Slotplatte is applied it for you becomes intended also easier

Oh, that becomes a single track with a length of approx. 23m

#13 ·
nice room there for a slottrack, and I can see that the buildings are lined up and ready to be mounted.

Keep the images flowing like a spring stream.

cheers

#14 ·
Hi Lars,

thank you and I know that it´s a nice Room
the house was build in 1903 and i searched for a flat like that for more than 2 years.

i´ll try to give you a spring stream

@all

I´ve just finished the underbody.
For a test times the timber bridge, the palace and the vineyard posed on their final place. And think it looks better as i tought.
Now i have to saw a lot at the Slotplate. Try some sawing today, "HELLO neighbours"

Here are more pics

Criticism desired

#16 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Boys,

I have just installed the first half of my circuit!
The entire village square receives a surface from a stonemade road surfacing, which i realise whith my Dremel. The village square is driven through per round 4times. " Entry to the box lane! (Gas station, has those stop re-designed is just like TF/MM) provided with a switch opening and in the rear part also still is in.

The track lenght is nearly 30m on round about 5squaremeter.

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes, the dremel is my and also your friend, i think

Today some more made. The background picture on the village side and the sidewalks.
With the background I must get still with color to around a uniform picture.
With the stonemade surfacing I already began and Duct cover at the roadside milled with my "Dremel"
,- I love this tool.

And here are the pics of my daily work

The round holes in the sidewalks are made for trees, which i want to "plant" in there

#23 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Umbra,

Do not do it to you! Those are approx. 20cm ² and I approximately needed 2 hours

Hope that i don´t have to buy too much drills.
for mySlot i bought 4 drills each for 15€.
and i thought that 2 are enough.

****e happens

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.