SlotForum banner
421 - 426 of 426 Posts
@all

maybe a good buy, but sooo expensive

that costs 30€
and nearly 3 hours glass and mirror cleaning

I ve bought it at a fleemarket and it looks as it was forgotten for many centuries.

Take a look at your markets with eyes wide open and you can find real fine things for less money.

Hey Frank,

I'm new on here and your layout is superb!! I was looking at your Lightpost method and I have a couple of questions:

-The bulb is is it an LED? given the heat a normal one throws out, wouldn't it burn the plastic?
-What voltage is the bulb and do you run them from a seperate transformer?

I've been looking at getting some from http://www.art-kitslot.com/ but haven't got around to it yet and they are expensive! But maybe I try making some!

Thanks,

Discussion starter · #423 ·
Hi Trg888,

i think you mean the 3 armed lamp in my "how to " post, do you.

These lamps are " normal" ones, with a length of 15mm and a diameter of 6mm, voltage 12V for single lamps and 3v for more armed ones - bought at conrad.de for aporx. 2€ /10 lamps.

If you mean the lamps i ´ve build for the village square, these lamps are micro lamps. Diameter 2mm/ length 3mm, each has 3V.

The plastic do not burn, because the lamps wouldn´t become so hot.

I use a separate transformer with 12V and 10 W [VA] because my houses are also lighted.

QUOTE (Trg888 @ 8 May 2010, 22:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Frank,

I'm new on here and your layout is superb!! I was looking at your Lightpost method and I have a couple of questions:

-The bulb is is it an LED? given the heat a normal one throws out, wouldn't it burn the plastic?
-What voltage is the bulb and do you run them from a seperate transformer?

I've been looking at getting some from http://www.art-kitslot.com/ but haven't got around to it yet and they are expensive! But maybe I try making some!

Thanks,

But LEDs are even better. They consume very little electricity, are inexpensive, produce virtually no heat, and are very versatile. I run nearly 100 LEDs from one transformer. I am about to launch Castello Models and one of our first products are street lights.

Aha! Frank still alive! Very good. If anyone sells a track like this it can typically only have one reason: He needs space for a new, bigger and even more detailed track! I am looking fwd to see the things coming. Good luck for sale. Regards Jens

421 - 426 of 426 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.