SlotForum banner

Any interest in more stuff like this?

• No- leave me alone or I’ll hit you with a bag of oranges!

Votes: 0 0.0%
5K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  viejoronnie 
#1 ·
Hi Guys!

My name is Doug- I restore vintage COX slot cars and share these restorations/mods on my YouTube channel, “Full Earth Workshop.” Thanks for all the great info posted here.

I’ve been a big fan of the rather rare Ackerman Steering Mechanism which COX manufactured and included in their Lotus 40 and Ford GT40 ready to run cars. I wanted to add this mechanism to some of my restorations, so I back-engineered it and placed it on Shapeways.com to share with others. It is nearly identical to the COX mechanism; it requires 5 self-tapping screws (M2 5mm pan head) and a small spring (7mm diameter). The screws are the same size used for fixing brushes on vintage COX cars. No C clamps are needed to fix the wheels…just two of the self tapping screws.

It’s recommended that you have access to an Ackerman steering mechanism for reference while building.

If interested, here is the link:
https://www.shapeway...590531&li=shops

I just finished building the first print and it works great!

All the best!
Doug

See less See more
#39 ·
Hi Martin! Yep! I used some great images from slotblog…

Hi Martin, wow! thanks for the great photos! I would like to give You and Brad credit in the comments…can you send your full names to my YouTube email?
These kits are $30 in white and five dollars more in black…not sure why the price difference. Still quite a bit cheaper than I have found them on eBay. Shapeways prints them and sends them out. I have been very pleased with the quality of parts…their printers must be expensive.

#38 ·
What was old is new again! It's not a Cox but if you want to try a car with steering TTS March has got steering, and it's great to see and drive being an open wheeler you can see opposite lock when sideways in the corners, great fun! I downloaded a chassis file in 1/32 and printed it it works well also they seem to handle different to a normal slot car ,and quite enjoyable for a change!
Cheers,
John.
White Automotive tire Black Tire Rim
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior

#41 ·
I just noticed that the TTS cars are being made now! I will have to buy a new one. I won’t back engineer these because they are available…I don’t want to interfere with someone else’s business. Especially when they design something so cool!