SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
MARCH 12-13, 2005

The Cruzin' 500 is an inaugural Scale Model Slot Car Race & Static Model Contest. Event will feature sponsored Youth & Junior NASCAR model slot racing, super competitive adult beginner & expert racing along with a static model car contest. Contact below for preregistration & additional information.

In addition to the Model Contest, Cruzin' will sponsor a supervised Revell Make 'N Take program for youth. We will have 24 each 1970 Chevelle 454 SnapTite model kits @ $5 each on a 1st come 1st serve basis. All participants will receive a dash plaque.

See http://www.gofastest.com/cruzin/Cruzin500.htm for more info.

Cruzin' Hobbies +
2018 N Arizona Av, Ste D118-126
Chandler, AZ 85225
480 899 6640

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Great to see scale hard-body racing being promoted, Bob!

Kind regards,

Russell

·
Registered
78 Posts
Russell,

I don't mean to sound patronizing but I'm honored with your reply!

It's about time to start this party, methinks

I am very excited from what I've seen regarding interest, production chassis/rollers & momentum towards a more truescale slot car. 1/32 scale has been tops for awhile and is still gaining popularity so I thought 1/24 could use a boost.

At Cruzin' Hobbies + we have raced 1/32 & 1/24 models pretty heartily for about 2 years and I have a dedicated group from a town 100 miles away that races with us every month. The group, PASA, has a small track in their high school tech classroom!

A few weeks ago we held our monthly Cruzin' Shindig and an entry from Tucson, AZ, Rick showed up with an extremely nice 1/24 Tamiya Nissan R390 GT1 that fired me up and after seeing the Sakatsu rims on SCI, I laid out Cruzin' 500 in about 2 minutes...

I'm also taking this opportunity to reach into the local schools to offer a model slot racing program. School slot clubs will have 1 hour per week free seminars with my rental equipment. Several levels can be achieved. I have requests out for sponsorship and have a great belief this will work quite well. I'm looking into the possibility of starting a non-profit group to specifically handle the school slot clubs.

I have some unique experiences over the last 15 years in slot racing and I'm happy to be able to help promote a redirection in this wonderful hobby/sport of ours. It is a redirection as well as a revisit to where it began with model slot racing kits.

For the last 30+ years ultimate speed has been promoted by the speed crazed entrepreneur that opened the next local raceway..
The last 10 years we've seen some true business minded folk open real SUPER raceways but they've been overrun with the speed crazed mentality

It is time to be real and that includes racing our little cars
Some respect helps too and what better way to gain respect than to have a finely detailed car race around the track?!

Can you tell I'm excited?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts