SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bloody sad e mail received tonite from Steve at the Crypt in Gt. Barr, Birmingham.

Steve is waving the white flag as he has been broken into yet again, this time worse as the club has also been the target. Please look out for any slot cars going cheap. You can contact me on that issue as I have the contacts to look into that aspect. Nice bloke Steve I hope he re considers the club at least but it`s now happened several times so this probably is the end of the line.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve Hughes . Real pity because it was starting to look really good and they were building up nicely. Steve now wants to sell up. My best bet is that it`ll be Boot sales that the cars appear at so have spoken to a very good mate at Trading standards as well as contacts I have with the Bill.

If the club goes, we are the closest so I will offer any Crypt racer free membership to try and soften the blow. Lots are coming over for the event on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
V sad news. I hadn't been for a month or so due to the real world intruding but that was a great club and shop - as a BSCRA racer this Scalextric thing was new to me and Crypt was the first club I'd attended where I felt that this might be a good laugh and some good relaxed rules and racing.

Wasn't aware they had been broken into before.

Will miss Crypt if it goes and in really sh*tty circumstances too.

Coop

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
D' you know? I bet even if we were into a quiet, unassuming, weird hobby such as collecting soap powder boxes, or bus tickets some scrote would take it upon themselves to ruin it

I hope your contacts in the rozzers can come up with something, jonny. Usually the peelers ain't bothered about real crime because it isn't speeding and so costs money.

Sorry.Tripped up over my bloody soapbox there. You reckon some stuff might turn up on e-bay? (NO I'm not after any
)

Mark.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diff I know where you are coming from ref the `old Bill` mate. My muckers are scarey buggers who liked pulling legs off spiders when they were kids and are `old world` lads that would love to catch the scum that have done this. Any news on batches of Scaley F1 or GT 40 or Carerra ferrari F1 on e bay please give me a call on 07949 656577. It`ll be dealt with as high priority.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts