SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

First time poster. I have ordered the Digital Triple Cup, APB and track for my son and myself, and I am now planning a track layout. So far we have only raced small analog layouts. My question is if it is possible to use a curved LC in an inversed S-curve as shown in the dark red circle in the track layout below:

I have used Ultimate Racer 3.0 to design the track - and the SSD track library did not have the R3 curved single lane which is shown in orange colored lane, so I made a definition for that track piece. However I would like to know if it is correct that the R3 curved single lane will fit outside the R2 standard curved track as shown in the layout?

- Tanderloco -

·
Prof I T
11,195 Posts
hi
and welcome.

Yes the single lane R3 is designed to run round the outer radii of the R2 bends and you can create the R2 chicane you wish to do by cutting 2 standard clc and placing the 2 opposite parts back to back to create a racing line chicane.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to do a link to show some pictures of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I want to build a track where a part of it has 3 lanes, and that's why I need the R3 single curve lanes. Just wanted to make sure that I got it right, since the track design program didn't include that track piece in the library, and I had to make it myself.

The LC in the S-curve should work fine then, I have included a 1/2 straight in front of it to represent the sensor track.

I am located in Norway, by the way. A little off the beaten track maybe

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hi and welcome
the way you drawn your track you would not be able to use micheals lc ,
you have to have an opposite curve for it to work.
but you could put the sensor in your curve before your clc but if you run no mag it mite not work as car will miss sensor .
hope this helps regards ade.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's fine, I don't need a clc s-curve as described by michael even though it looks good and quite compact, I just need the possibility to change from the green lane to the blue in order to reach the pit (red lane). So the s-curve I was referring to is the whole thing down there in the right hand corner of the layout. Hope I didn't confuse you too much talking about s-curves. I will only run with magnets.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Here is a link to the code for UR 3.0 from GregK who wrote up the R3 curve. (Click here)
You can edit the library in UR 3.0 to add this.

If you check GregK's posts you will find several borders etc. that he has written the code for UR 3.0.

Hope that helps!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hi
just had another look at your track and my misstake I thought you were racing anticlock .
So no problem because you have a half track in front of curve .
all you need is a C7009 or convert a C7008.
good luck and hope to see more soon .
regards ade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.