SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dad dug these out of my Nan's attic just after she died last year, but hasn't a clue what to do with them now, they are in brilliant condition!

Few questions to be honest

Is it best to keep hold of these (are they worth anything)??

Sell them on Ebay?

Sell them in a toy Auction or something?

Have a look, tell me what you think of them!! To be honest, I quite like the Bentley and wouldn't mind that on my shelf!

I have no idea if these images will show up, if they don't then i might need a bit of help on how to get them up

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's a list of what he has:

C64 Bentley
C62 Ferrari
MM C54 Lotus Green
MM C54 Lotus Yellow
C66 Cooper Blue
C67 Lotus Red
Revell Model Racer BRM Blue
Loads of Track
Complete Racing Set with manual, two tinplate cars.
Starting man with Flag
Event Board with Hut
Owners stand and Racing Pit, unpainted with orginal box
Trackside Accessory Pack, all items listed on box are there and unused.
Original Transformer
2 Controllers
Banking wedges
Spectators
Catolgues!

·
Administrator
10,161 Posts
Put them all on ebay individually and you will make a few hundred pounds. If you sell it as a bundle you will only get half the value. Sell the bentley, if it is mint you will make a mint - well over a hundred pounds just for that car.

In your list above you are missing the two tin plate cars in the set - they are the oldest cars there. Complete with original drivers they will make a bit of money. Better to sell them separately from the set - somehow people will pay more for cars on their own than in sets.

·
Administrator
10,161 Posts
varies on colour and age, but I think yours looks like a mint black boxed early one so it will sell easily and make a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your info RikoRocket and SLOTCAR, i never thought they would be worth much at all, like £50 for a few together or something!

There's Two Tinplate cars in the Full box set, 5th picture down. My dad said they were a bugger to drive, and was so glad when the plastic ones came out!

·
Administrator
9,909 Posts
Altho it's usually true that cars will go for more separately, I've seen some tinplate sets in good condition make good money. Not sure if the set alone is worth anything.

Seems the black Bentley is not all that rare (relatively), but is still considered very desirable, hence the high prices. You also get sellers who paint the standard ones black, some of them say so, some not...

Nice find in any case, must not have been played with very much.

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does anybody know of rough price guides out there?

Yeah the Bentley is near perfect,, box is in pretty fair nic as well, just slightly faded.

Do you think it could be worth while taking the tinplate cars out of that set and selling them separately?

The set has hardly been played with, my dad said the novelty soon wore off and the thought of having to set the whole thing up every time you wanted a game just put him off, so in the box it stayed for all these years!!

·
Phil Smith
2,638 Posts
I can only give you my values, Ebay is another matter, something may sell for £200 one time on ebay and only fetch a fraction of that the next time the same item is listed, pure luck really.
But these values are based on real world prices with the benefit of twenty years trading in slot cars, especially Scalextric, and going by your pictures the prices I would list them for on my website.

Black Bentley, £275, looks like a nice example with a crisp looking box.
Tin Plate set, difficult to say as I cannot really see the cars in the picture, but if the cars are ok, then they are worth £100 each and as a set maybe £250
C54 Lotus yellow £45
C54 Lotus green £45
C66 Cooper blue £35
C67 Lotus red £35
C62 Ferrari green £60 if it has it's exhausts, £40 without (you can get repros)
If the #2 catalogue is complete this is worth £65, the others look a little worse for wear maybe £15 each
HP1 set in the background £60 if complete.
Revell BRM about £40 but cannot see it properly
Event board £15
Take the rest up the tip!
Not far short of a thousand pounds altogether.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here's an idea , Keep them all , set up a track, service the cars with oil, sand or replace the tires , join a club, race with family and friends and have some fun like more and more people are discovering. Vintage Slot car racing is amazing fun ! Buy the Green Bentley or Alfa Romeo to compete with the other Bentley and forget about a quick cash grab, which will probably be enough for a months rent or groceries and then gone. You can sell the cars after you get tired or racing . I started racing in 1962 and I'm not tired of it yet but maybe you're different.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys! and to scaleslotcars for such an informative post!

There is an Alfa Romeo actually but that's my Uncles, it's in mint condition as well!

Maybe we should give it a go and have maybe a last hurrah with it because I can't say I share everyone's enthusiasm to scalextric!

But thanks again to everyone who has replied so far, excellent stuff!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE (G00SE @ 22 Feb 2012, 22:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>......There is an Alfa Romeo actually but that's my Uncles, it's in mint condition as well!
...Maybe we should give it a go and have maybe a last hurrah with it because I can't say I share everyone's enthusiasm to scalextric!

If the Alfa Romeo is one of those unpredictable yellow one's, beware, don't race it whatever you do
they've been known to explode for no reason
I'll pop down and take it away for free, don't worry, there will be no hidden costs or call out charges.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts