SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what can I say. Once bitten, twice sent to the shed... I made some sketches for a new track. Wanted something a little faster and a little more strech for the cars. The first sketches I made was for a very fast, but after thinking i through, a very boring layout.
I have always loved Suzuka and wanted something similar to it on the small piece of floor that the local government has give to me for my "toy cars".

The track base measures 90 x 360 cm so it isn't really that big, but it is a lot bigger than Excerpt Raceway.

Two of three routed...

Testing to make sure the lower cars don't scratch the belly going up hill.

And a little space to fill below.. this will be the bridge.

Somewhere in the near future I hope to be able to put some paint on to it. That is a must, or the white dressed gentlemen will take me away for making funny sound with my mouth while holding a car size 1/32..

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
That is a very nice circuit you have overthere! Looking at the "logo" I had some thought about the 90degree corners at the crossing, but in the flesh.............it looks great! Good use of space and a cool long stretched straight. Nice

·
Registered
26 Posts
DagaZ,

That is inspiring. I am feeling the urg to rout too. Can you give us detailed pics from the electrics?

Thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good variety of corners you got there DagaZ.
Should keep you entertained/challenged.
Enough room on the outside lane for some big drifty slides on the end corners too.Much fun to be had.
Enjoy.

THC

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all for the comments.

I have had my first spin around the track today. It is all I wanted it to be. All lanes feel equal enough and that straight is just wonderful to strech the cars on. The next few days will be filled with business and meetings but hopefully I will find some time over the weekend to fix a white lines and get some friends over for a testrace. The hill up to the start will be called Sinatra, because "Fly me to the moon" is way to long. ;-)

fespa
For the electrical part I never really got a grip on what you needed to know really. Was it how I connect the wire to the track or?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (LetMeDoIt @ 25 Oct 2007, 16:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Greetins, glancing at your layout I noticed that you are scratch-building your tracks. If this is correct, can you list what is required for the tracks and the connectors. Many thanks.

Well.. it is just a few portions of 12mm MDF, some copper tape and some 1.5 mm2 wire. The track was routed with the help of a lexanstrip bought from Luf Linkert of Oldslotracer.com. Will try to sum all up once I have "finished" the buildingpart.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Hi DagaZ,

Your track looks very good.

For all, the twisty sections will split the men from the boys.

I guess, it is challenging to drive on, so it will not be boring.
Please, keep the pictures coming.

rallyhub

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (rallyhub @ 27 Oct 2007, 09:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi DagaZ,

Your track looks very good.

For all, the twisty sections will split the men from the boys. B)
I guess, it is challenging to drive on, so it will not be boring.
Please, keep the pictures coming.

rallyhub

Well.. the last week the progress has been null. I unpacked a few slot.it and.. the only thing that came out of that work was a sore indexfinger after too many hours of racing.
The twisty sections will split men from the boys.. I love driving these with the slot.it. With enough speed you slide right through it. Real nice racing.
I am painting the white lines and some red and white. If I do get some time over this week I will take some photos. I'm also trying to trick a friend of mine to bring his videocam so you can see some action.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Excellent stuff Roland. It spurs me on to create a video of my track. Routed certainly looks smooth! Spurs me on to create the rally section of my track. Love the tail slides. Spurs me on to take the mags out of my cars. I feel.........spurred!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE (Graham Lane @ 8 Nov 2007, 18:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excellent stuff Roland. It spurs me on to create a video of my track. Routed certainly looks smooth! Spurs me on to create the rally section of my track. Love the tail slides. Spurs me on to take the mags out of my cars. I feel.........spurred!

Thanks Graham! I'm looking forward to the video of your track.

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Hi Roland,

Looks great, with the lovely sound of the "straight cut gearboxes".

But also a little dangerous on the back side of the circuit, sliding just to the table edge without a crash barrier.
Thanks for sharing your fun with us here on slotforum.
Please, keep on the good work.

rallyhub

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.