SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody
This is the first time I write on this forum because some people on a french site said to me that on this forum (Slotforuim) there were some fantastic people which were knowing all about the technical issues regarding PB6. If somebody could help me it would be wonderfull.
My problem :
Just after I was swiching my PB6 for the first time in analogic mode it smokes (on the left) few seconds after the analogic mode was parametred.
I cut immediatly the power (2 psu) and after I had disconnected the wiring bypass I try again but no more power on the track.
The PB6 seems running because the menu was ok but nothing on the track.
I tried to parameter it to swich back in digital mode but now I have only the boot (085 firm) and after SAFE which is writted 6 times.
I open the box but nothing seems burned.
I suspect my problem was causing by my wired bypass on the track which were not respecting the number of the track (I have mixed connection between track one and track two, it was running well in digital mode but in analogic it could maybe induce electrical short circuit.
I was thinking to try to change the 8 mosfets but I'm not sure it could resolve the problem and I don't know what model of mosfet I need.
I don't know if some people are able to repair my PB6 because I'm not very easy with electronic and weld.
Thanks by advance for your help.
Lalou

·
Administrator
10,161 Posts
To be honest i would return it to Scalextric and demand a replacement if it is still in warranty. Phone their customer support +44 1843 233525 - they are very helpful. If not complain to Adrian Norman on this forum - he is the link for us to Scalextric.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Riko for your reply.
I get my PB6 on march 2011.
I have contacted the Hornby support by mail and get an answer from Stephanie Brown (customer care) who ask me to contact directly Hornby France.
She said me that the safe reasons in analogic mode could be a connection between lane 1 et and lane 2 because of C8203 racing curve or layout between lane 1 and 2. However she writted "if the power bases is smoking this suggests a fault and we would recommend contacting Hornby France directly".
So i'm waiting now an answer from Hornby France.
I hope it would be helpfull to solve the bad issue.
I will get you in touch of the final issue through this forum.
Best regards

·
Administrator
10,161 Posts
Good. For your info this is the first one that I've ever heard of smoking. The mosfets are easily up to a short across the rails.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello, I come back on the forum to say I get back my PB6 from Hornby support.
It was a little complicate between my revendor, the Hornby French support and the UK Hornby support.
In fact I sent my PB6 to my French revendor (REVLAND), this sent my PB6 to Hornby France and Hornby France sent to Hornby UK.
The problem was that my revendor said to me that Hornby France was sended my PB6 to UK but when I discuss by mail to Hornby UK they said to me that they don't see trace of my PB6.
However I get a new one after more than one month and it run's perfectly.
Many thanks to Hornby who has honored the warranty of the product without any problem.
For me it's a good argument to choice scalextric.
For all people if you have a doubt regarding a choice in Digital you can take scalextric.
Best regards and thanks to every body on this forum who helped me.
Lalou

1 - 5 of 5 Posts