SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saw Dan Gurney driving a maroon Galaxie...towing a white racing Galaxie, from the Brands Hatch paddock. Wasn't room for said Galaxies and my pushbike in Scratchers Lane so I had to dive into the hedge. All the Galaxies, including the Willment car, were off-white, light ivory in colour. I often wonder as to the colour of that Impala!

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the early 60s racing saloons looked pretty standard, inside and out, and certainly many of the privateers drove their cars to the circuit. Out on the track they rolled excessively with squealing tyres at every corner. The Galaxies were well sorted, taut, with little bodyroll so even at a tight track like Crystal Palace they could use their obvious power advantage and pull away from the 3.8 Jags. It was at that track, I believe, that the RAC scrutineers insisted that the Galaxies had their rollcages sawn through so as negate any advantage from stiffening the chassis! Health and Safety wasn't around then, Health and Efficiency was!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.