SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm interested in building 2 cars that Dan the man raced in the 60's and I'm trying to find info on body colours, and livery.

The Impala entered in 2 events in 1961 @ Sivlerstone in May, DNF (broken wheel) in car #37, and July, DNS (due to protest by Jaguar) in car #48.

The Galaxie was only entered in 1 event in 1963 @ Oulton Park, where car #84 took Pole, Fastest Lap, and won the race.

I've done a bit of searching and only found 1 small b&w photo of each.

I'd appreciate any info, and/or photo's that anyone would like to share.

TIA.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chaps.

The Impala is my biggest mystery as far as body colour goes, and I'd like to find out.

For the Galaxie, I've pretty much accepted that it is Corinthian White, which was the white for that year on the Galaxie, but I wasn't sure if there were some other livery markings on it as well as the racing numbers. Looks like there wasn't, so I'll go with the white, and just the racing numbers.

Geez, I'd like to see Jim Clark sliding the Galaxie around the track.. The other cars wouldn't stand a chance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Flit.. I've read, that seeing as the BSCC cars (at the time) had to run full interior, Dan wanted to be able to drive the Chev to and from the track, so a few compromises had to be made. I guess he changed his approach with the Galaxie and just towed it to the track. It would have been a big rig travelling down some of the narrow English roads.

G'day Low, I sent an email via the AAR website last December, but nothing came back.
I'll try again.

Thanks Allan, yeah Goodwood sounds like a great event.
There was a similar thing in 2010 at Laguna Seca so I expect many of the same cars will be on display. Maybe if the Chevs and Galaxies that ran in the BSCC are still in England, they might be there as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.