SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
After 18 months of development, I'm happy to show you the evolution of Davic System delievered by Sillage Racing.
I worked with David LAURENT (DAVIC V3) to upgrade the protocol of Davic system and send to the car chip more informations.
I olso worked with Philippe LAUDET (Z-MACHINE) to design a new electronic controler : SR-ONE : here with wire for 15 drivers :

And there, wireless for 6 drivers

To send data to the chip, we need a transmiter :

It catch data from the controlers and send them to chip by the braid :

Davic car Chip is the same as the V3 chip, only the firmware has been upgraded.

Here is lane change controlers / lap sensors :

They work with "dead zone" on the track.

All of those components are wired with HUB and RJ45 connectors. Protocol is based on RS485 hardware.

SR-ONE is working basicaly with PCLAPCOUNTER but I work with Michel SENTENAC (EXOSLOT) to develop my own lap counter and offer full options for race control (refueling, tank weight, race control, ghost ...);

This is a Beta release and we hope to deliever first systems in the begining of next year.

Thanks a lot for your confidense sinse all of those years. I'll make a youtube or facebook live video to show how the system works soon.

best regards

Dav

·
ParrotGod
8,231 Posts
Hi David
congratulation on this milestone. It seems that Davic is going through a major overhaul with lots of exciting adds on.
I like also the work with Z-machine: in digital we definitely need more advanced lighting systems that what is currently available.
I have one question: why is the Wireless version only supporting 6 IDs? And if I understood correctly, the wireless version of the controllers they are connected to a receiver than then send the message on the wire to the chip? Or is the wireless controller connected to a wireless version of the davic chip?

On another note: there was an interesting World Wide Slot Chat a while ago where Mr Flippant discussed the use of the oXigen Power Amplifier as a "system-on-chip" to run the oXigen protocol: have you thought about making a controller that is able to "speak" oXigen?

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Grunz,

Thanks a lot for your interest.
First, with Davic technology, car chip is completly Slave. Car chip is the same as the previus release, only the firmware has been modified. It only read data on track braid. So, for wire or wireless controler, you need a transmitter who convert controler instructions in scare wave on the track.
Both possibilities :
- with wire controlers, controlers are connected to the transmitter who convert directly.
- with wireless controlers, controler are connected on a Raspberry via bluetooth. The transmitter is a Hat connected on the Raspberry GPIO bus. We limited at 6 controlers because of the bluetooth limitations.

For the other note, I respect very much the work of Slot.it. I allready ask to Maurizio some changes on his controlers but I'm the worst of his customers because I only sell about 10 tracks a year. So, it's better for me have the complet control of the futur developments of a Digital System. I find with Davic (French) an easier way for my goal. Pendemic crise give me the free time ...

best
dav

·
ParrotGod
8,231 Posts
Thanks David for your reply.
I can see that with Davic you have a more direct audience and for sure you are helping with rejuvenating the system.
Best of luck with this new endeavor and looking forward to read more developments.
And, if you ever decide to make a controller compatible with oXigen just to let you that you have already a customer ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Hello David
Thanks for posting here and keeping us informed on Davic. I've followed and raced with Davic a couple of times and always enjoyed it. And the system has evolved a lot.
But the best upgrade it now has got...is...
... communication in English 😇

With kind regards
Tamar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts