Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please explain it basically for me? It seems rather neat.

I tried to find previous threads, but couldn't. Sorry if I missed one!

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
Functionally, Davic is quite similar to Scalextric Digital (actually, it's the other way around) except :
- it accepts up to 15 cars
- you use a normal resistor controller, plus a separate pushbutton for LC
- the car ID for lap counting and LC is injected by the decoder chip over dead strips
- you will have seen pictures of the LCs - long lXl on a straight and grouped on a routed section which is inserted into any brand of plastic track

But of course, the main difference is that Davic has been around for several years and is still being assembled in a garage at night, while Scalextric Digital will soon start rolling out from Chinese assembly lines

Beppe

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
hi,

a little production has been made by CRICCRAC in spain. The production will come latter.

David (DAVIC) and I work to improve a DAVIC LITE for 8 cars and just pushbutton to enter into the pit lane.

I built the Barcelona track to test this product.

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
At the risk of hijacking the thread, I've been following David Caille's progress with his Barcelona track. He's introducing a whole bunch of new methods (witness the double bladed hacksaw for routing the slots !!) that as a minimum are fascinating to read - and I would definitely not ignore them were I to build a routed track - too bad it's all in French !!

·
Registered
153 Posts
yes very fantastc system

i'll write with David (Blst) another page on his system (very intersting).

you can find too a video in the "telechagement" section of a 3h race with DAVIC system

bye
Elicend

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
QUOTE too bad it's all in French !!

I'm looking for someone who want to help me to translate my webpages in english and perhaps in spanish

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I'd happily volunteer to help with the French/English except that I know at least three or four people here whose bilingual ability is very much better than mine!
There could be several actually.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Gary,
come to Salzburg, Austria, at the 3/4th of July and you can actually see the system on the Spa track in action at our 24h race.

And if you will find 3 more people to join you, you can even register a team and drive the 24h race WITH the DAVIC system.

Cheap flights to Salzburg via London/ Southampton/ Birmingham are available (low cost airlines).

Nico

24h GT Salzburg

·
Registered
12 Posts
The DAVIC system sounds like a great system for a routed track. How can I get more information regarding the system and how can it be purchased?

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
David, get in touch with me and I will do your French to English translation.
Regards,

Philippe de Lespinay
AKA Dr. Willibald P. von Cyclops

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi immt

the davic is not cheap for the moment because it's prototype.

to have one, i think it's possible for clubs

i'll put a davic's description on my site quickly

elicend

·
Registered
153 Posts
yves sr

do you allow me to put your video in download in my site, with your name of course?

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That system looks fascinating, especially for a 24 hour race.

However, as I'm only 16 I doubt I'll be able to make it to salzburg. Thanks anyway Nico, and good luck with the event

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hallo.

I have seen pictures, where the Davic-LCs are combined with Ninco tracks.

Is there a traktion problem, because the ninco track have high grip and the LCs are wooden with sparse grip?

And:
Is the drive for the linechange-mechanism a underfloor construction?
And how should it be for the Davic-light version? I think a underfloor mech is not (in the most case) compatible with hometracks.

Can anybody tell me something about the mechanism for the switchblade?
I used a modellrailway drive for my pit-track-switch, but in the newest version it is a modellcar servo in conjunction with a servo test-electronic (its easy to define the two end points for the switchblade). This is also usable with tracks on the floor.

Tschau, Roland.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts