SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
setting up some GT2 cars for racing thursday.
Driving a chipped DBR9 round the track and it just stopped so thought it had lost its id
so pulled all controllers and car still didnt move so put it on my spare PB to check Id nothing
so tried to re Id it and nothing put it on my analogue track nothing tested motor with 9v battery and it worked so
looked at chip and it looks ok is there anything I can check or is the chip fxxxxd if so what makes this happen?
cheers ade.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The chip may be fried, sometimes this happens to me and if I leave the car alone for about an hour it will come back to life. what do you have your voltage set at?

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
it might well be worth checking the wires from the pick up braids,these are a classic weak point.

If you pimch the wire just where it leaves the braid and pull gently you should feel some resistence, if you feel an elastic sensation and the plastic sheath moves upwards you have found a brake in the wire..

You can also see the sheath alter in colour as it stretches...

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
If you have a Saloon or F1 chip check the PCB for any visible signs of damage to a component marked NO2:
View attachment 9810

View attachment 9809
NO2 is arrowed on this saloon Rev G PCB

The damage might range from an almost invisible pin-prick size hole to a full scale Chenobyl as on the saloon photo.

If you have a DPR chip then it gets a little more complicated in that you will need to separate the PCB from the black underpan and indentify NO2 to check for damage.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ade
no broken wires had checked that thanks.

Hi Greg
Its a saloon chip cant see which, in one of my oldest cars .Cant see any sign of damage.

What makes this happen guys ??

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
The advice given to me by the Master (RichG) is to remove the PO3 transistor as that is the one controlling the brakes. If that is fried it will jamb them on.

Why does it happen? I guess every so often ........ stuff happens

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok cheers greg
First one in 7 yrs so cant complain just wanted to know if I can stop it happen if I was doing something wrong .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Try pushing the car manually over the sensore for a LC see if the flippers twitch. If they do then at least the PIC is still alive, so there is hope. If not, measure some voltages on the PCB look for 5V supply for the PIC. On one side of the saloon chip this is a set of programming pads helpfully labeled. test between 0V and 5V, if still nothing work your way backwards towards the bridge diodes. If it is just the drive circuitry its fixable if your happly with suface mount fiddling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts