SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
hi im new this is my track called DEAD MANS VALLEY..built with copper tap and mdf and is a lenght of 70 ft with 18 cross roads !! ..
hope fully you can see a few quick pics of A: some of the makin and B: some were its near finished
Dead mans valley was never ment to be transportable but after showin phil b some pics he s now twisted my arm and its now with a few mods and a large saw its comin to the WYE VALLEY RALLY DAY so see you all there ..lol..

in with the new out with the old ( note the old pit building from my old track)

the middle of the main board still very much work in progress !!

well boss wot happened was !!!! lol

dont jump!!!!

will post more pics but im struglin to upload any more ?? computers ay .. there never catch on ..lol

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Fantastic

18 cross-overs? That's a lot of work, and wiring (just thinking about it makes my fingertips smoulder!
)

It's a great design, looks like a lot of fun. The scenic work is brilliant. I think the owners of the (very nice) log cabin might complain! The 'sunken scooby' made me laugh out loud.

great stuff

cheers,

Rob

·
Registered
362 Posts
cheers ..lol my mates got a large van ..to behonest i made a mdf track a couple of years ago then sold the track at the wye vally advent.. then the cars went on ebay and i gave it all up ..!! Then four months ago i got the bug to do it again ... so three weeks ago and alot of late night s after work i made this ..its gettin there slowly .. so cheers again for the comments ..dan

·
Phil B.
3,805 Posts
Isn`t this man talented? You should have seen the smaller scenic track it had over two hundred fir trees on it, a Father Christmas hiding in them and a topless lady!! Imagination is a wonderful thing, thanks for posting the pics Dan.( PS Rally stages out this thursday - see you?)
cheers - Phil B.

·
Registered
362 Posts
yeah if all goes to plan hopefully we should be there track and all phill just hope it travels ok ??

when I built this track I had more of a road rally rather than muddy stages .. !!so yeah I've be around in my Slot.it porker and my ninco nsx both with no problems .... just hope it s up to every ones standard with the track desigh ...kind of made it up as I went along ??

fastest lap so far is 15.7 in the evo but the scaley 307 on here is a DEMON as well

THIS TRACK MAY BE UP FOR SALE YET AS I'VE KIND OF GOT THE BUG TO BUILD ANOTHER ONE BUT NO ROOM >>> SO BRING YOUR CHEQUE BOOK S HAHAHA !!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Aberstone @ 30 Oct 2006, 19:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I must admit I didn`t think you were bringing it down on thursday, just for the end of the month I expected, but if were having a dry run I`m not complaining. Excellent!
Cheers - Phil

well hopefully phil it will be comin along with kirks smaller mdf track ...just got back home from helpin out now
... both tracks aint finished yet... but will all get the feel for the track so should be good night ..

·
Registered
156 Posts
rubberduck

you got some nice looking track their you giving me some more inspiration to build again i can not belive it has taken you three weeks to get it looking like that.

i would love to have a drive ound that well more of a scenic drive so i can admire your work on the way round its out standing especially that car in the lake.

what was the cost of the build and what will you part with it for also what is the size of its foot print area.
i would love to purchase but sssshhhhhhhh don't let the wife know i already got boxmountin sat on dinning table while kids eat on the floor lol lol lol.

great work love the pics dont suppose your in the south of the uk are you.

best regards nik

·
Registered
362 Posts
hey slick nic thanks for the comments still cant find a pics that dose it justice ... the board size is 6ft x3ft ish for that big bit and 4 ft x 4ft forthe smaller part ... ( L shape ) cost ??..um well its got to be £300 ish of any ones money really i think ..?? I want down the shed till half one in the mornin solderin for nothink ...lol zzzzzzzz... cost,well scenery and the 4 and half rolls of copper tape ,wood ,cable, joiners, paint ect... £170 some think like that its just time really like scratch building the log cabin makin all the hills paintin and weather them along with all the track bein weathered as well the wind mill, totan pole..tent an all .. hope that helps .. like i said it would be nice to make another one but im not despert to sell it ....?? oh yeah and your more than well to come up to mine any time but i live in herefordshire ?? road trip any one ??

·
fred
1,608 Posts
I will echo the other sentiments here. I am really impressed.

However, looking at the earlier pictures, I thought that it would have really lent itself to a targa florio scene.

I could imagine the cars driving through the narrow, twisty streets of an italianate style village.

just a thought

·
Registered
362 Posts
Cheers for so many positive comments ..

Judge I like your thinking..
but to be honest when I first made the track it was just going to be a car park ... then I made the hills.... and I was thinking America
,,wild west ..hence the name Dead Man's Valley .. like I said before I can find a piccy that really sets the scene ...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cheers looking forward to meet you lot at the wye valley rally day ... just hope the layout makes it there in one bit ??

two -t yeah it was a bit of a heart stopin moment cuttin in to the lay out
i ll post some more pics of it now finished with a nice tidy cut line and not some savage hack mark in the mountain like on them pics!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.