SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mark Wain
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do people cope with drivers on SSD who insist on barging people out the way, instead of passing properly?

Was toying with the idea of lap penalties, was wondering what others do?

·
Ian
99 Posts
Avoid them like the plague, either drive faster and keep out of their way and you know "you" can do that! Or simply ensure you are on the other lane as much as you can. I used to set the drones off running they didn't have drivers as such so it was upto me to keep out of their way, but that is part of the challenge of digital isn't it, you really have to be aware of all the drivers around you much more than analogue...

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
It's a bit like kart racing - let the hotheads bugger off and trip over each other, then serenely pilot a course through the caranage.

Seriously though, I've seen many threads on here about how to deal with them, and penalties vary from drive through (with a stop) to 3 crashes and you are out of the race.

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
that makes me go "grrrr" to - tell them straight to calm down and explain it's more fun if you learn to race PROPERLY instead of crash bang wallop.
I've got a few old scuffers I use to get the crash bang wallop out of everyones system, then go back to serious racing when they've all calmed down a bit.

The three biffs and your out idea may well work in this case.

·
Mark Wain
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I run ssdc, I guess I could just reduce the power available until they get the message!

Or crack out the super resistance ferraris, with the rubbish tyres!
that will show em!

·
Registered
577 Posts
We had the same issue
We tried a 1 lap penalty but that just caused arguments - was it intentional or was it an accident?
By running the 1 lap penalty for a few races we now seem to be having fewer issues.

On the rare occasions that it happens we are now back to a very stern looks from all other drives - shame seems to work.

Cheers

·
Greg Gaub
14,653 Posts
sounds like people just having a laugh rather than really racing. For them, only the super resistant cars, and just marshal for them. Use the crash and burn or 3-crashes-then-burn, or whatever penalty system you want. Either they learn to appreciate actually driving, or they get upset at not being able to constantly smash the cars like children, and quit. You're not likely to cultivate overgrown brats into competitive racers, so don't waste time trying. If they just want to have a demolition derby, you can tell them to buy their own cars, and then join in, or give in and let them play with yours. I guess it depends on how desperate you are for people to race against. Maybe just have a few beers and enjoy yourself until you can hook up with some more serious racers?

·
Registered
84 Posts
It can be annoying when you have planned out a great night of racing beers and food and well you forgot that your maybe the only one that is really into racing and slots ,remember they will probably have an interest to and one day! payback is a b---h .But seriuosly it happens to many and you cant really blame them they dont understand the amount of money and time you may have spent on your hobby.as said there are like minded people out there and persist long enough and you will find them or the otherway round .But you must come out of your shed,loft,spareroom where ever it is you race .whats the saying you can count your true friends on one hand Do what i did and organise a race meet and send invitations and and entry fee have prize money or trophy or both but in order to race you need your own car or they can rent one and half the rental fee goes into the pot for the winner, when money is invloved it tends to tweek that competitive streak.There are many ways to entice that spirit from drivers , but at the end of the day there are some that truly always will and have been the back end of a donkey!
But hey thats life

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
This is one reason that I insist that all club members are 18+ as its more likely they will appreciate the cost of the cars, my cars!!! I was having issues where each night was costing me one to two cars - No one can afford that.

Even now that we race SR cars most of the time its still the rule that deliberate bumping is not allowed and the verbal abuse normally stops it ;-), everyone makes the odd mistake when driving really close so bumps do happen but all in all its educating the guys to race fair!!!

(Now if I could just get the idiots racing on xbox live to realise I am not a special breaking system for their cars lol)

Maybe we should get the car makers to fit the same tech as the high end merc which don't allow ramming the car in from ;-)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sometimes it can be arguable, as to who's fault it is, especially on a lane change if two car are very close to each other. But the way I handle it is one of two ways. 1. you can have a drive through penalty, where the violting driver has to make a pit lane drive through at pit lane speed, or if you're not able to control your pit lane speed, 2. you can have penalty markers at various locations around your track. When there is a pentaly, the violating driver has to go back to one of the penalty markers. My track is only 34 feet, so I had two pentalty markers in place. One at the half-way mark, and the other just after the start. All of a sudden we had some really good drivers. It works!

Rob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts