SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Been googling and searching. I am going to use clear waterslide decals, but where can I acutally find the sponsors and race numbers as transparent images for me to save and print ?

thanks

·
Autoavia
975 Posts
I am no expert and haven't had a lot of luck with my few attempts to make my own decals but hope this helps.

Not sure what you mean by transparent images. If you mean images with a clear background then I would think any image which has a white background should be fine as most printers don't actually have a white ink so a white background won't be printed.

This site might be useful for logos

https://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

With race numbers you probably need to fond a typeface that matches the style you want to print and then size it for your car.

Hopefully others with more expertise will also offer advice.

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I just download the largest image I can find, clean up the internal and external edges, using white around the external edges and then crop as close as I can to the edge of the image. The larger the image the easier to clean and crop. You can then save the cropped image and when ready to print you can load it into what ever graphics program, word or publisher you use and then resize. Programs like word or publisher will only print the coloured part of the page and with a graphics program you can set a white background, which won't print, or depending on the image type you can leave the background blank.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Supongo que cuando dices imágenes transparentes, te refieres a las que llevan la extensión ".png".

Hay muchos portales con diferentes logos de empresas, como el que te indica Autoavia. Los puedes descargar en diferentes formatos, aunque algunos son de pago.

En cuanto a los números de los dorsales, ya hace mucho tiempo que me di cuenta que es más rápido hacerlos que buscarlos. Una imagen también ayudaría.

Todo depende de los conocimientos que tienes con los programas de diseño gráfico.

I assume that when you say transparent images, you mean the ones with the extension ".png".
There are many portals with different company logos, like the one indicated by Autoavia. You can download them in different formats, although some are paid.
As for the bib numbers, I realized a long time ago that it is faster to do them than to look for them. An image would also help.
It all depends on the knowledge you have with graphic design programs.

Frederic

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you search the internet images for 'logo' ( for example "Apple logo") you will usually find lots of images and can choose the best one. I use Adobe Photoshop to process the images in the way others have described already. Photoshop has a wide range of fonts (typefaces) and, unless it's some particularly unusual lettering, using the 'bold' option usually gives a good match for writing and numbers.

Although clear decal paper can be very good on a white car, white decal paper is generally more useful, especially for racing numbers. Sometimes a combination of clear and white is best.

Mike

·
Electric model car driver
1,392 Posts
And for older cars with plain white roundels I've often spayed white decal paper with a 1 or 2 thin coats of Tamiya white primer before cutting them out to prevent bleed through and put the numbers on top. Nothing worse than a nice red paint job with pink roundels.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Late to the party, looks like everyone's said what I was going to say.

I used to do sheets of logos and sheets of numbers but now I just do an A4 with all the relevant decals for the projects I'm working on.

Having too many projects certainly helps.

It's useful to print logos in slightly different sizes so that you always have one the right size and sometimes what you have measured isn't always exactly right, millimetres count
biggrin.png

Like 42redcat says, just Google logos and select images.

I now have a huge file just full of logos

Reactions: r377

·
David H
3,756 Posts
You want to look for vector based graphics as you can scale these, bigger or smaller, without any lose of quality. I mostly use https://worldvectorlogo.com/

To process these, and create the decal sheets to print, I use Inkscape, https://inkscape.org/, which is free to download and use. It's fairly easy to use and is excellent for creating your own numbers and designs.
Those are really useful links. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
May be a "Decals shared" post would be nice to have at the forum, where anyone who wants to share its creations could upload them and where the less expert could also get some liveries, from simple generic to elaborated. Just a thought🙂

Cheers

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,728 Posts
I have been able to find a lot of graphics by searching in the online gaming sites.

This site has lots of logos and race number plates. I did a search for SEV Marchal as an example.

https://gtswiki.gt-beginners.net/decal/?searchword=sev+marchal&lang=us&type=0&noid=1

You can also find skins of complete liveries which take a bit of mucking around but you can find some hard to source graphics on this site.

Here is an example of a 911 Skin from the Race Department site.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-911-rsr-2019-petit-le-mans-coca-cola-livery.30332/

Sometimes the skins have separate graphics and other times you have to use another program to view and edit the DDS files which you can then extract the graphics you need. A bit of mucking around but worth it if you are trying to find a particular graphics.

cheers

DM

Reactions: r377

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
May be a "Decals shared" post would be nice to have at the forum, where anyone who wants to share its creations could upload them and where the less expert could also get some liveries, from simple generic to elaborated. Just a thought

Cheers
that would be a great idea to share decals or even go one better and get some sheet templates made up with some basic numbering and sponsors

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
That site has some great stuff, but when I go to print its a black background, any idea how to get around this ?

thanks
I don't know what software you are using, but with Photoshop, there is a tool (it looks like a magic wand) where you can select the background of the graphic and either delete it or paint it white. I use this a lot if I'm making a graphic, such as a racing number, from a photo of the real car.

Mike

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't know what software you are using, but with Photoshop, there is a tool (it looks like a magic wand) where you can select the background of the graphic and either delete it or paint it white. I use this a lot if I'm making a graphic, such as a racing number, from a photo of the real car.

Mike
Using Irfranview, lots to learn and play with... Any probs i might try photoshop thanks

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
That site has some great stuff, but when I go to print its a black background, any idea how to get around this ?
They'll be .png files, which always have black backgrounds which you can't change, at least in my experience.

So I save them as .jpg or .bmp files and then you make the background white, or any other colour maybe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts