SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone,

Our slotclub is going to do an 4 hour endurance race using the Slot.it Porsche 956C Kenwood,and Canon,fitted with Kelvin Light kits.
We are going to use four Porsche 956Cs.
I am going to do two liveries of my own.I know there are many different liveries of these cars.
My questions are:
1)does anyone know what the next few liveries of Slot.it are going to be?
2)what liveries would people like to see?
3)I understand that the 956C and 962 are different cars,my question,"does anyone care if you do a liverie for a 962,and put it onto the 956C?"

Thank you for your suggestions!!!

Iceman

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Iceman

1)does anyone know what the next few liveries of Slot.it are going to be?

According to Monarch Lines, the Slot.it distributor in the UK, the next liveries of the 956 will be the Joest "Blaupunkt" and "New Man" cars.

2)what liveries would people like to see?

All of them! Also see here.

3)I understand that the 956C and 962 are different cars,my question,"does anyone care if you do a liverie for a 962,and put it onto the 956C?"

I think that the Slot.it 962C will be out fairly soon and as Alan's sneek preview pictures of the car shows, they are quite different:

Kind regards

Russell

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
To me it matters if the decals are for the 956 or 962.

There are plenty out there for each though as Russells great reply in the other thread shows.

For one I would LOVE to see the 'tic tac' livery decals. I have the Green 'Skoal Bandit' ones for the white porsche I have but they are not well produced and I have shelved the project until I decide if I can use them well or not.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone,
Thank you for your responses,I sure appreciate it!!!
One livery I will do,will be the Rothman's livery.I have taken the Slot.It Porsche 956,apart,stripped all the parts off,and have wet sanded off most of the tampo printing.
Everything came off fairly well,interior,(nice job on the dash),windows and lenses covers came off rather easily.I almost lost one of the rear taillights,found it, thank God!!!
The rear wing comes off easily,will help,if a livery requires a different color.
I also sanded off the tampo printing on the front windscreen.
I have also scanned the windscreen,side,and top of the car,so that this will help me with my decals.(mainly the stripes)
Primer will be applied this week,and I will start making the Rothman decals this weekend!!!

Also,a white car would be great!!! (unassembled ???!!!!!)
It appears that Slot.It will be doing the 962,so I will do the 956 liveries,on the 956 cars,and the 962 liveries on the 962 cars.

Again,thank you for your help,suggestions and web sites!!

Iceman

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
I've used Patto's decals on this car (..still to be finished....
)

It would not suprise me if Slot.it bring out a blue and white "Racing" version with a separate decal sheet.

I'm looking forward to when your decals are available, Iceman!

Kind regards

Russell

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
about Slot.it making a separate Rothmans decal sheet : I think not - there was recently a big fuss on the Italian press about a police raid (SWAT and the antiterrorist squad included) to nab a gang that was selling Marlboro decals for the F1 Ferrari - I understand they put them in jail and threw away the key

Now, Maurizio has two young lovely children - you don't want them growing up with a jailbird as a father for your selfish pleasures, do you ?

You'll appreciate how an unrepentent smoker feels about this (Russell, don't worry - I'll abstain on Friday)

Beppe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts