Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My layout is decorated with quite a number of trees but most of them are messy.Is ther any way of stopping them loosing their leaves? It is a bit too realistic for me!

Bryan

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Hi Bryan.

Superhold hairspray may do the job you require. Any brand, doesn't matter, although I tend to feel you do get what you pay for to a degree so I never buy the really cheap stuff. A good few coats should see you right. Hairspray is essentially a water soluble lacquer. Let each coat dry well. If, when you've finished, the trees display a slight sheen you can get rid of that with a quick, light coat of your favourite matte clear.

Hope it helps.
Embs

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Embs,

Thanks for the tip I will try it ASAP. I live in South Africa and most of the trees I have are indigenous.
Hornby and other imported makes are at least ten times the price IF you can find them.

Cheers
Bryan

·
Rich Dumas
3,532 Posts
I used sprinkle on grass floc by Woodland Scenics. I diluted some white glue and sprayed it on the floc using a squirt bottle. In some cases it can take a few applications to stabilize the grass.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Embs,

The hair spray tip you gave me has done the trick.Thank you.
Only problem now is ,that my wife wants to know who I entertain at the layout as she can smell perfume
Regards
Bryan

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Sorry about that side effect. You can get non-perfumed hairspray, apparently. But I've not found any. The smell does go away after awhile. I don't use the stuff other than on the track and usually have to 'borrow' it from His Lordship's bathroom shelf.

Embs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts