Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SCC are proud to be having their first Kyosho Dslot Race Day at Demon Slot Racing.

Taking place on the 1st July at there club we will be running a Standard Race in the morning (cars provided if needed) and a Modified Race in the afternoon (standard cars can be run if modified not available).

Prizes will be available ..

First Prize.

Built as a one off for this event by Kyosho Japan.

Second Prize

Porsche 917 tuned by Kyosho engineer in Japan.

There will be prizes for the kids too

Why not come along and try these great little cars out for yourself.

We will have prototypes of coming releases on display for you to see also Kyosho's wireless controller.

See you there

Mudchukka

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be a good days racing - two races, plenty of prizes. This is an open event - anyone can join in. Don't worry if you don't have a car as there are spare ones available. Just turn up and drive.

Doors open at 9:00 for some practice.
Two races - morning is for box standard cars with magnets, plenty of spare cars available to use or buy your own on the day.
Afternoon race - cars can be either standard or modified with racing upgrades from the Kyosho range. Spares will be available to buy on the day.
Racing is on our 6 lane Ninco track.

So come along and have some fun.

Mudchukka

·
Registered
343 Posts
the big day is nearly upon us. We have done some general testing last weekend and the conclusion is this promises to be great fun. We have run all of the currently available models and there is little difference between them.

Even if you have never take part in any competitive racing before this would be worth a visit. The standard cars are easy to drive and should give some great close racing - if you don't have a car there will be loan cars available from our sponsors. You could also buy one on the day, take it out of the box and race it!

In the afternoon we will have a second race which you can run standard or cars modified with any genuine Kyosho parts. Testing shows these cars are incredibly fast, just by changing the motor and gear ratio. When you consider you can achieve this for not much more than a fiver and a few minutes work. One word of warning - don't forget to brake at the end of the straight - there are already a few dents where people misjudged it

This is a chance to take part in low cost, close matched racing with a great new product. Entry for the day is £2 adults, £1 U16's. If you want to buy you own car they are about £20. Any questions please ask.

Entry list so far: (apologies if I've missed anyone)

Phil Field
Steve Jones
Craig Jones
Matt Bastin
Keith Clements
Ben Clements
Ollie Hunt
Josh Field
Bill Charters
Lawrence
Nick
Russell Powell

To be confirmed:
Mike Hyde
Reece Hyde
Laura Hyde
Sebastian Birchmore
Alan Birchmore
Chris Binley (pm only)
Harry Binley (pm only)

You can turn up on the day but it would help us if you could post or PM us to let us know you are coming

Cheers,

Keith

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks like the new Mazda will be available for this event.

As the modified cars are so awesome we will have some extra ones prepped and available for people who want to use them in the afternoon

Just to give an idea, the 1:32 cars we use lap at 6.5 to 7 seconds. The standard Kyosho at around 6 seconds, the modified Kyosho at 5.1 seconds !
Is it possible that one may beat the 5 second mark on the day?

Cheers,

Keith

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big thanks to the lads for making me so welcome and for making me race

Really enjoyed racing these little cars and was amazed to see how well the Modified cars went.

Will post some pictures and video later.

Mudchukka

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Thanks Keith/Phil.
Quite what I was doing 'racing' full Mag mini slots is anyones guess! but It was enjoyable, just for the difference!
These little models are really well made, some of the spectacular offs would have seen 'proper' 1.32 models ready for the scrap yard, bur the little Kyosho's just shrugged them off.
A well made quality product that has a lot going for it in the home user market.
Thanks to Steve (Mudchuckka) for his time and sponsorship of this FUN event.
Kind Regards Bill.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thank you to everyone who turned up to try what was for us a venture into the unknown. A good fun day with some really good close racing. The modified cars certainly flew in more ways than one. Special thanks to Steve for making the long trip on a Sunday morning and making it all possible.

Standard Cars Results :

Modified Car Resluts :

Overall Results :

Cheers,

Keith

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks to Keith/Phil for a fun day.It brought back memories of the days way back when I used to race in magnet class.
The models were very nice with some great new cars coming out soon. Some of them would have been better off with wings though!!
If you do it again Keith could you get some posters made with beware low flying cars!!!

Cheers

Steve J.

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good to see the kids enjoying the cars as well as the big kids too.

I'll post a few video's throught out the day as I get chance..

Many thanks to Keith and Phil for a great fun event.

Video 1

Mudchukka

1 - 14 of 14 Posts