SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a source for very dense closed cell type foam...In a bored moment I've been faffing about with the short axle magnatraction chassis and the bit char-g bodies I have

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...53512&st=15

And have worked out a way to mount the chassis securely to the bodies using foam but the etha foam I have (I use it for kayak bouyancy) is not dense enough and I need some really dense foam but don't have a clue where to get it from.

Oh and another question, is my short chassis and different bodies race legal for the pankake cup as even though I will never have time to be a racer I would like to meet up with you guys some time and have a crack at racing my pancakes.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Hi Yakboy, any magnatraction chassis is legal for the pancake cup and the AVHORA series

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just had a thought I've got bits of closed cell neoprene type foam from various camper van door seals kicking around the garage so may give those a try...and if my chassis are legal you may see me at a pancake meeting in the future

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well had a root around in my many boxes of VW stuff in the garage tonight and managed to find some dense closed cell foam so put foam blocks on the front, back and sides of the magnatraction chassis and the bodies I tried fit really well so I'd thought I'd showcase a few more

Ferrari Enzo

Porsche GT3

Countach

My replica of my old subaru impreza sportswagon

Lamborghini Diablo

TVR Tuscan. Custom painted with double working LED Lights

New Beetle convertible

50's Cadillac

Just need a few more chassis now and maybe fit some different wheels

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are bodies from Tomy Bit Char-G micro radiocontrolled cars. The subaru is a cut and shut 1:64 micro RC car. I have not had a chance to drive them as yet, but will report when I do

1 - 11 of 11 Posts