SlotForum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there! Thought some forum members would like to see some vintage scratchbuilt cars Dertek Cooper built for me. I'll email Coop the photos and maybe he'll be kind enough[again!] to post the pics. The cars are: Triumph Spitfire[resin body from Trafficmodelcars/custom brass chassis], AH Sprite[Airfix/custom brass chassis], Sunbeam Alpine[Airfix/Monogram], Datsun 260Z[Scalex/Revell], Airfix/MRRC Porsche Carrera 6, Triumph TR4 Quaker State[Airfix/Monogram] and Airfix Porsche 804F1. Talk about some serious eye candy! OLYMPUS 5

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much, Coop, for posting the pics. Since the pics were taken, Derek added a custom built twin exhaust for the Spitfire and I added "FP" and "SCCA" decals....plus the Sprite got resin Minilite wheel inserts[painted silver] from ProfessorMotor, SCCA logo and "HP" decals. The Alpine "lost" it's bumpers and now has an aero windscreen plus custom decals "FP" and "SCCA". The photo of Derek's Triumph TR4 Quaker State Group 44 car can be viewed under "Project Triumph TR4"......many thanks to Coop for also posting it for members to view. OLYMPUS 5 USA

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much, RMMseven. But Derek gets all the credit. He's an awesome slotcar builder and I feel very fortunate to know him. He's so cordial and always willing to build cars for me when he can find the time. OLYMPUS 5

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm relatively new to this hobby and I like nothing more than viewing pics of other peoples' slotcars and track layouts. It's nice to know there are Slotforum members that share my view and enthusiasm for our various "works of art". My biggest problem is there are so many slotcars on the market I'd like to buy and many more new releases that I want scheduled for the near future. I have a friend that calls this obsession "slotnutitis". I have sold many slotcars on ebay to fund new ones I jusy HAVE to have, but I have never sold a slotcar I really wanted to sell!!!! The best part of this hobby is getting to know people in this business like Derek Cooper, Simon at Getslotted, Phil Smith, and Phillipe at Electric Dreams. And, of course, all the kind Slotforum members like "Coop". OLYMPUS 5

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
You've got some real beauties there Oly! What sort of chassis are under those little gems? I've got a few Airfix (Sprite, TR4), Linberg (260Z) and Arii (RX7) cars that someday I will attempt to scratchbuild, but will probably start with something a little less challenging to get my feet wet (maybe a Monogram 80's Mustang or Corvette C3).

Always looking to see how it's done.

Thanks for sharing the pix.

Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (sacesta @ 21 Nov 2004, 21:51)You've got some real beauties there Oly! What sort of chassis are under those little gems? I've got a few Airfix (Sprite, TR4), Linberg (260Z) and Arii (RX7) cars that someday I will attempt to scratchbuild, but will probably start with something a little less challenging to get my feet wet (maybe a Monogram 80's Mustang or Corvette C3).

Always looking to see how it's done.

Thanks for sharing the pix.

Steve
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Steve and Ecurie for the nice replies. The Alpine and TR4[seen under Coop's Project Triumph TR4 topic] have brass Monogram chassis'. The Spitfire and Sprite have brass rod custom chassis built by Derek Cooper. The Datsun 260Z has a Revell chassis and the Porsche 804 F1 and Carrera 6 have MRRC slimline[clubman] chassis. Olympus5

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Everybody
I'd just like to thank Joe Yount and all the other people who commented on the scratchbuilt cars that I built for Joe. He's a real enthusiast and loves the early English sports cars. I get a great deal of pleasure building these cars for somebody who gives me a free hand, and is prepared to foot the bill for the time that they take! This kind of build has just been made easier by the excellent new plastic adjustable chassis that Pendle Slot racing are supplying, it should fit most cars without the need for a handbuilt chassis.

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
JOE

Good to see you here and welcome!!

DEREK

Great to see you getting to grips with those new fangled thingies - computers
nice to have you on board and hope to see more of you here..

I would like to agree with Joes comments as I have had the pleasure of buying some of Dereks cars and would like to share them with you.....

These 2 above are Airfix bodies and if you know what these bodies are like out of the box - then you will comprehend howmuch work has gone into these beauties..

This is an Acadamy? kit with a Cox chassis

Very nicely detailed strombecker car...

would like to see more pics of Dereks cars if anyone has some to share...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts