SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
The past couple weeks I have made time to work on my scenery a little more. The back of the track was missing something so I tried making a cliff/bluff to add to the scenery. I was able to get it painted and weathered yesterday and also had to make the other structures a little weathered to match. I also added some some rock gravel and some lichen for bushes. The gravel didnt show up too good in the pics but really made the desert theme come to life. Still have more to add but its getting there.

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Lister,
I just moved to Sedona in the last couple weeks. You are inspiring me mightily to do a mini-version of the local red rocks...sort of a fantasy track through town. thanks...looking forward to more pics. great work!

regards,
John

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lister

I have been following the progress on your Desert track, its looking great, nice flowing layout that doesn't try and pack too much in. Bet the cars handle much better on the wood.

I'm heading down the routed track path over the coming months, similar background to yours although my scaley track never looked half as good as your old one.

One question though. How do the lap times compare between the three lanes?

Paul

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the compliments guys.
I will try to frequent the board more often and keep the progress updated.

Paul, I currently dont have a timing system on the track but with the squeeze section all three lanes seem pretty close in lap times.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Wish you hadn't posted those pics.
So now my rally layput has to go from desert through grass plains and up to winter/snow stage.
I need a bigger house.

Really cool layout

·
Registered
40 Posts
Lister

Thanks for the reply. I'll make sure I include squeeze sections in my layout. Your post on the desert track has inspired me to go to wood, its fantastic how quite a simple layout can look so real and no doubt be a blast to drive on.

I'm really looking forward to the day I no longer have to trim down all the guides on non scalextric cars to have them run on the classic track.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.