SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have space for a layout either 16x6 or 20x6 - having said that I can get hold of 10x5 boards so 20x5 is an option too.

I have the following track pieces

26 x standard straights
32 x 1/60 curves
2 x 1/3rd straights
1 x bridge
6 x 2/30 curves

I would like a long straight
would like to avoid buying any more new sections of track unless its going to restrict the layour too much
I would like similar lane lap times

any suggestions/ideas please

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nuro

Yes I did see those thanks but nothing there really excites me - the problem is some of the forums have some REALLY nice layouts and now I want one too

·
Registered
231 Posts
A suggestion/idea....create your own layout.
. Seriously though...the "carrera Plans" are great, you can use one of the layouts there as a "default" layout and then enhance it further.

cheers
Eric

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Not only that but the Carrera Track Planner is ...........FREE !!!!!!...........
to download. If I get time, I'll see what I can come up with, but half the fun is playing with the planner yourself. A tip - have at least one, large straight - the longest you can get so the cars can go as fast as they can on at least one part of the track

You can also draw the area on the planner too, but the dimensions are in meters.

Mark.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok Ok

I had a little go myself and decided to make things harder by seeing if I could get it on 2 8x4 boards so its 16x4

The elevated section I hope will add some visual intrest to the track - I am not sure about the 'wiggle before the up ramp as this might be too much but the idea was to force drivers to slow before they get there. Also unsure about the chicane (i do have one and if I remove it would need to buy 2 more straights)

only problem is I need to buy some 1/3rd straights and these seem VERY expensive to me!

Thick black lines are barriers

Comments please

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Nice layout! looks fun to drive and not so easy to learn.

I would drop the barriers to the middle left, barriers don't fit between tracks anyway.
I would drop the chicane, just my preference but you can simulate the chicane effect without narrowing the lanes. Narrowing lanes just gives more chance to damage cars IMO.

One other thing, if you are elevating the track (great idea) why not extend the top left hand curves so they run over the lower left curves and form a bridge or overhang of some sort?
You get additional lane length for one thing.

I am assuming driver station is bottom of the pic BTW.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Easy once you've had a go isn't it Rob?

Regarding 1/3 straights - have you got any full length straights spare? If so just cut them up and solder them where necessary.

Glad you got the planner sorted.

Mark.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have been fiddling with this more and more lately - but Im not addicted to slot cars OK!

I have come up with this layout and have ordered some more track - any comments (even bad ones) are very very welcome

'Normal' direction of travel is clockwise

·
Registered
290 Posts
I thinks it's getting better and better. Perhebs it's more exciting when its less symmetric, try a "dogleg" like it's done in listerpark raceway or palmer divide raceway(see members layout). hope it's helpfull

1 - 10 of 10 Posts