SlotForum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
I've been checking on what's going down in Detroit.

The C6 Corvette is being lauched there this week.

Cobra
600bhp V10

Chrysler ME412
6 litre, quad turbo V12 pumping out 850bhp

Mustang
300bhp and less than $20,000?!

Looking forward to see these as slots.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Oh well, at least I ddin't start it.

Here's the Toyota offering.

19ft long, 7 ft wide and powered by a large-displacement V8 hybrid gas-electric engine that pumps out loads of torque while delivering V6 fuel efficiency. Lovely!

Meanwhile over at Lexus they are showing the new GS430 not due until 2005.

Expect neither as slot cars.

Scott

·
Registered
78 Posts
You can have one after me. Blue's my colour too.

Not sure it is totally compaible with the narrow Sussex lanes I use to get home, but should scare everything out the way in the outside lane of the motorway.

Mustang looks good, but then it did first time around. What with teh GT and all the retro Jaguars I wonder if Ford saved a ton of money by clearing out the styling studios and buying a photocopier instead.

Scott

·
Registered
773 Posts
...Scott, you've to look for one more of these tiny pick-ups - even if the roads in Switzerland are most of the times narrower than in sussex
Blue is an adequate colour - would fit!
About Ford - if they have found the old drawings of the engines again such a shell might be interesting - but please not with a weak V6...

Cobra would fit to the pick-up - and the Chrysler ME412 looks like an ugly copy of the Audi Avus - not really impressive...

The Lexus wouldn't attract me - when I'm over 70 maybe, wearing a hat whilst driving

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
to my rough calculations if that toyota were to be made as a slotcar in 1/32nd scale it would be around 180mm long
and nearly 65mm wide that is nearly as wide as a vanquish mclaren

·
Registered
773 Posts
@ Scott - what sizes are offered? Different cabs? If so, minimum queen size, displacements availabe? This is no joke! My Mitsubishe Pajero ( Samurai it's called in UK?) passed the 160k-mark last week and I've to look for an adequate replacement. The weak points of the Mitsubishi are known now - mainly related to a weak clutch and not adequate quality of the whole car. Made only good experience with Toyota in the past - had the first 2 Celicas and love them!

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Toyotas are great. I've had two in the past including my first 'brand new' car a Landcruiser. This concept looks like a 2005 model. I too whish it were sooner. I'm looking for a 'bakkie' to help me with some building work that I plan on doing in the near future.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...would be a chance for car-sharing
But you're living a little to far away I fear Nuro! Land-Cruiser has been one of my options when I puchased the Pajero - but due to the fact that toyota did not offer a state-of-the-art diesel enging in that time I bought the Pajero - which is consuming less than 9l/100km which is not to bad for such a car and my kind of driving it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts