SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just come back to slot cars after about a decade and I'm building my 3rd routed track.
This time a 2 laner as it's really only family having some fun, mostly myself and my oldest, now 18.
So on to the build...
Measuring approx 5.4m X 2.2m (almost 18' X 7')
I'm not sure of lane lengths.
Lane spacing varies.
Scenery work and scratch built buildings.
The table is built on castors for ease of movement so I can work from all sides.

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The road color was just a misstinted tin from our big box store (Bunnings) of a dark grey, followed by some matt black and off white spray cans. Copper taped lanes. I've started scenery and a couple of buildings too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Dick - has it really been that long? Good grief!

The new track looks the business! Really like that design!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes mate, it's been a while!

The track's got good flow, once you get a rythm going it's good fun!

Of course, the surface is new and needs a lot of laps!

But I'm enjoying it again and that's the main thing. I've got a few old cars that will need new chassis, tyres, gears etc.... might be less painfull to just buy some new cars
wink.png

·
Registered
572 Posts
WoW!!! your 1st photo of the table alone is a work of art! How you came up with that is genius in itself
thumbsup.gif
. Then the track..... great looking layout, does the track dip down & up before & after the 1st left hand hair pin (assuming its driven clockwise)?

Scenery looking good also

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Primed, we run anti clockwise, but yes, the track dips below table height running left to right in the middle of the table.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well, after some laps, we've come to the conclusion that the ripple strips look great!... but every one that's made from 3mm (1/8") MDF won't remain on the track while running... the cars do hit them and spit them across the track!

Solution? I will have to repaint them on the track surface, but I will copy the red/white spacing so I can place the MDF strips on top of the painted strips for pics and either move them back so there's a painted apron then the strip or remove them all together and keep the look.

My son wants me to add direction switches, so as soon as I can get them I'll wire them in too! (fingers crossed)

I've had no time to work on the track for about three weeks now, and today is my Friday... so a few days spent on the track should see some results... if I don't pick up the controller!!!

I have managed a few minutes here and there to try tuning a car or two but no great chunks of time.

I hope to have some pics for you soon.

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Track looks great, wall posters are fantastic except for that Magpie reference, however as a Hawk I should ask what's better than beating the Eagles at home by over 100 points..... beating them at home by 1 point 😎

Nice lockdown project 👍

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Very nice Track, I like the smooth grassy look of the "hill", good job mate.

Cheers

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sceneries looking good...love the rolling hills! I really like the wavy/ rolling track & how it follows the landscape. It not only looks great but I would think it would add to the driving experience. Keep the pictures coming
thumbsup.gif

1 - 20 of 59 Posts