Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1,488 Posts
Ryan Blake and I raced at CHORC tonight, with Ryan taking his first win at the oldest HO Club in the UK.

The evening was however overshadowed by the sad news that Dean Wragg, a CHORC stalwart, was absent as his daughter had succumbed to a recent illness and passed away. All of our thoughts were with Dean and his family. A card of condolence was signed by all.

Round 13 introduced the third new track of the year…

…which drove very well……

….with a yump………

……and a steeply banked curve leading to the start line straight.

I ran CHORC Club supplied hand controller and car, both of which worked very well

Andy Abbott brought along his superbly painted mouth watering resin bodies

Rob Heaton had the most modified sprint race car of the night

Ken Edmonds worked feverously on his cars between races

Doug Passell ingenious motor cooling fan!

A full suite of spares was available

The ten of us enjoyed the new circuit

Ken's GT40

Rob, Olivia Randall, Dean Garbett and Ryan during Qualifying, the latter taking Pole.

Flash shot of the cars through the banking produced some interesting ghost shots with the residual flash making the cars look like they were going backwards!

We had a short coffee break at half time

The 'C' Final with Olivia, Ken, Simon Randall and Dean

Simon moved up to the 'B' to take on Andy, Doug and I

Matt Ashmore, Ryan and 'B' Final winner Andy attack poor Rob!

Behind Ryan Andy beat Rob by the smallest of margins to take second

Thanks again Doug et al for a great evening

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Great pics once again Nick. Thanks - and well done to Ryan for his 'A' final win. Tough luck for Matt, who made the 'A' final but struggled with car problems and had to withdraw - but good on him for standing down and letting the remaining three really go for it. A very close run thing for second place - barely half a cars length and taken by Andy under coast - could have been very different if Mark hadn't stepped back

Rob and Debbie will be posting the condolence card and I will be taking a back seat at the service today, to pay respects on behalf of those who know Dean and his family.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I would like to pass my condolences on to Dean and his family firstly and most importantly.

Looked like a great nights racing as ever at CHORC!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts