SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ryan Blake and I will again be racing at the Chesterfield HO Racing Club on Thursday 2 August 12. The racing is always good at the oldest HO Club in the UK (one year older than DHORC) and the banter equally good with Doug Passell as always a wonderful host. Update to follow after the race.

Cheers
Nick

1,488 Posts
Just arrived back from a great evening in Stretton Village Hall near Chesterfield, where Doug Passell was running another CHORC Club Night. This was my fourth visit of the year unfortunately Ryan couldn't make it at the last minute for personal reasons.

The track was up and running when I arrived giving plenty of time for practice

Rob Heaton took charge of Race Control for the first race of the evening

Andy Abbott tweaking his cars in-between races

Matt Ashmore takes a good look at the remaining old HO cars and chassis DHORC bought from a guy who came along to one of our Donington Park corporate days

A couple more shots of the cars we came across, if anyone is interested in any please PM me, they will be going on E-Bay soon…

Andy bringing cars to the line

Doug now on Race Control

Dean Wragg enjoying the evening

Dean's unbelievable modified 917

Doug's car and hand controller ready for the 'B' Final

Rob, Dean, Andy and Ken Edmonds ready for the 'A' Final………………………………..

………………and their cars leaving the line with Andy taking the win in what was a very close Final

Thanks Doug, see you in three weeks

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Great racing Nick and some cracking photos there. thank you. Love that last one with Ken and Rob caught napping in the outside lanes. Looks like we'll have another new member at the next meeting, keen to race in the Classic Le Mans class for the last Quarter of 2012. Hope Ryan's junior is OK?

Regards,
Doug

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Good pictures there, I like the pink Nascar.

I noticed with RC one of the heats had an 'empty' lane. There are several ways to avoid this, but RC can be set up to do it for you, along with the real-time leaderboard it is it's best feature.

1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Doug, thoroughly enjoyed it, should be some good photo opportunities at the next meeting if it is Classic Le Mans. Ryan believed he will be fine just a precaution, which is good news. Good news re the new Member as well, see you next time

Cheers
Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts