SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I was kidding (mostly).

Try and get some people signed up for the HONK race. Screw the politics, that track is too good to be affected by that, right?

1,488 Posts
You beat me to it Doug and I sure am

DHORC Members Ryan Blake, Lee Henderson, Jamie Sismey and I visited CHORC again tonight to join 10 other racers for a fantastic evening of racing. Ryan for the second week running took home the spoils, congratulations Ryan.

CHORC founder Doug Passell again hosted the evening. The moment captured here is that millisecond between the lights going green and the cars leaving the line.

Lee Henderson travelled 180 miles from Great Yarmouth to be at CHORC, the final UK HO Club that he needed to visit to give him the full suite. He will hopefully be back at DHORC for one race before the Le Mans weekend.

It was great to see Dean Wragg (on left of Mark Webster) back after the tragedy he had recently suffered

Olivia Randall took charge of the banking

Lee, Simon Randall, Ryan and Dean at full chat……

….where Ryan was clearly on form again

Turns 1 and 2 were just a blur of colour

Jamie, Mark, Rob Heaton and Simon begin another race

Doug came up with yet another type of motor cooling fan!

Cars came in all shapes and sizes

The moment Lee's Chaparral left the banking, the trajectory clear to see

Rob missing that crucial shot!

Marshalls were in plentiful supply for the Finals

With no Wooden Spoon available Olivia took home the Red Spoon instead!

Rob won through from the 'B' to take on Dean, Ryan and Doug in the 'A'

Minutes after Ryan won the 'A' the track was dismantled following a very entertaining evening at CHORC, thanks to Doug et al.

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Firstly like to thank Doug and all the CHORC guys for their hospitality and friendliness on my first visit to the club. Also was great to catch up with Nick again.

Very competitive nights racing but as night went on I was getting more and more to grips with the track. Congrats to Ryan who was on fire and another superb win. Learnt a lot tonight and gives me plenty to think about in prep for 2013 races I can make. Currently looks as if make 3 out of 4 of the second quarter and all the Saturday races and already looking forward to it. Hopefully be able to contend in which ever championship the second quarter is.

Managed a good run home so only took me 3 hours 35 minutes back to Lowestoft lol.

Looking forward to seeing all my friends in the midlands at the 24 hour!!!!!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
As usual, high level stats will be out in 24hrs. Full stats take a bit longer - and I'll be talking to Dave Aufderheide about future development suggestions for Race Coordinator.

Great to see you Lee. Glad you enjoyed it - and we could all see you improving heat after heat. A good start for your first visit. Well done - and I'm impressed that given the opportunity to leave after your final you chose to stay on to help marshal and watch the other finals, then gave a hand to clear up at the end.

Nice one. Thanks - and you'll be welcome back any time.

Regards,
Doug

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Must say the track was a joy to drive but get to confident and would catch you out in a heart beat especially to jump into the bridge. Hopefully get along again very very soon

1 - 19 of 19 Posts