SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of entering DHORC race on the weekend of the 18th and 19th of february as there is 4 rounds over 2 days but would also like to enter the 4 hour endurance as well but was wondering if anyone has a spare spot in a team??

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You might have to endure some tumbleweed whilst waiting for an official answer. If you get one do please try and find out why the 4hr can't be held on the oval, or in fact any kind of all-day race, and I get stonewalled.

The 4hr event, judging by the email circ I was left off of but was forwarded to me by several people, is meant to be a club event rather than a team event. I have asked exactly how that will work, so far - tumbleweed.

You for example are in on the ground floor of the newest HO club, ECHO, does that mean you have to race for them, or can you be part of a Presto team? You will have raced at NSR by the time this 4hr rolls around, does that mean you can represent them too? Some of those going to the AVHORA event over Christmas are not members of the host venue (SCHORCH), so can they not represent it even though they have been in the clubroom (some of them multiple times)? AVHORA and EAHORC are effectively uber-clubs, so do they get a spot?

As for me, I am the only person to have been to every club, including a couple I doubt many have heard of, bar Jon Cryer's 'club' during it's very brief existence, yet I am not invited at all it would seem.

A club 4hr race is a good idea, thanks mainly to EAHORC there are enough clubs to make it workable too, and extended to the 24hr it would shake that race up big-time, but it would be good to see some clarity on how teams will be allowed to form themselves, if at all...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'm racing at Presto on the 19th so can't make it, but I could wear any of the following (virtual) club hats, ECHO, AVHORA, SCHORC or Colchester Scalex club, I've got a feeling I've even raced as an MBR member at an EAHORC round.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I now no longer a member of presto so guess going to have race under ECHO (only point scorer in EAHORC for the club lol) but hoping to get a response as like to do the 4 hour as well

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The last national was pretty interesting in that we came very close to getting all 10 clubs in the same room at once. DHORC and CHORC refuse to be part of the EAHORC series, so Roy and Paul Roach represent SCHORC when they go to nationals. However, if we class Roy as a DHORCer for the purposes of this discussion, had Andy Abbott or Paul Roach (regulars at CHORC) come down, which was on the cards, then all 10 clubs would have been there.

This would suggest that the 4hr idea could work, but it depends on lots of details, the devil being in them as always. Such as the fact that Wrun Wragged, who crush everyone in the 24hr race, are sometimes referred to as a Chesterfield team, when in fact two of their aces have never raced there. This is just one example.

It would seem that, despite the fact I alone could claim to race for pretty much every club, that I am not invited, so be it. I'd much rather run the proper oval anyway. Given that 8 of the clubs started after EAHORC, and mostly as a result of it, I would ask on their behalf that the tumbleweed be sidestepped and the issue clarified even so. This thread would be a good place to do so.

Lee, how did you come to hear of the 4hr?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Gotcha. Those four races are for individuals, only the 4hr is a club vs club thing.

If you go on the Saturday try and run some cars on tall tyres or even with brass weights on the oval. I will explain why at NSR.

1,488 Posts
Hi Lee,
Will PM you tonight when I get to Guangzhou and give you the actual facts about the weekend, there will be many races you can compete in, internet too slow here in Beijing in the afternoon and I have a meeting to go to.

Now you know why we are organising this away from the Forums, it is looking like it will be a wonderful weekend for all

If anyone else is interested please do not hesitate to contact me via PM, [email protected] or 07968906491 (please note I am 8 hours ahead of the UK until Saturday)

Cheers
Nick

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Lee you have an email from me

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wait a min guys chill, I ain't getting involved in this, I am a pure racer I race because that is what I love. I'm not interested in inter arguing between clubs. Surely all as adults you should all want HO racing to be the best it possibly can. If this is really the way slot car/HO racing is all the time then I will just walk away. Every club has it's strengths and weaknesses and we should all do best to improve each club so HO racing is successful for the long term.

Simple saying for everyone -
LOVE RACING
HATE POLITICS

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Is there anything too discuss?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Without much detail about the 4hr where anyone can see it, it is kind of tough.

There is always something to discuss, that is the whole raison d'être of places like this.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I give up I really do I thought racing with all you guys in any club would be different how wrong was I

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 13 Dec 2011, 19:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Without much detail about the 4hr where anyone can see it, it is kind of tough.

There is always something to discuss, that is the whole raison d'être of places like this.

With the rules sorted - no discussion needed.

With the track sorted - no discussion needed.

With the invites for teams made - no discussion needed.

Whats the problem?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (LeeH @ 14 Dec 2011, 00:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I give up I really do I thought racing with all you guys in any club would be different how wrong was I

Don't give up too easy Lee, You will find that all clubs are not the same, we have great fun at South Cambridgeshire HO Racing Club, we are hoping for that to spill over to the AVHORA Christmas Cracker, and that you take away that same spirit with you to ECHO for the next years racing.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Lee - you possibly need to do what I do, separate the forum stuff in your mind from the racing stuff. When you came to the last national you were outside waiting to go in before I got there, a sign of how keen you were, and you probably had that same excited/nervous feeling you get from the Kart racing (lots of guys would deny this, but we have all been there).

If you come to Norwich, I can guarantee you it will be the same. The clubs vary a little in how much they are a social club that races, and how much they are a racing club that is social, but broadly speaking on race day it is all racing and all fun, and nothing else.

By the time Norwich rolls around the guys will know you, you will be an old friend by now. I am sure Clive will be interested in how the cars he got for you are going, you will get some good help and advice from several quarters, probably some joshing and a mild bit of harmless heckling if you do something daffy on or off track - and no politics, that only tends to happen on the forums which you can filter out. Race day you will be too busy enjoying your track time, and trying to move up the order to have anything else on your mind, and that is how it should be.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well guys that went well did'nt it????
I think Lee has a very valid point, can WE ALL just get along and just race. Ho Ho Ho (get it).

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
QUOTE (slowracer @ 14 Dec 2011, 07:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With the rules sorted - no discussion needed.

With the track sorted - no discussion needed.

With the invites for teams made - no discussion needed.

Whats the problem?

There is no problem, merely a wish to discuss. You have availed yourself of that many time, often being critical of me, which I have no problem with at all. Discussion is what forums are for, if we take you post to the extreme then this place can close down today...

Lee asked about the 4hr in a public place, and I see nothing strange or unusual in the answers being placed there too, and discussed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts