SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Good. If other teams follow Ecurie's example this would take the pressure off the organisers.

As Walter Plinge's blogs have shown with the EAHORC nationals, sometimes a warts-and-all view outside of the official one ends up enhancing the racing, not reducing it. Mind you, I say that without seeing the post-HONK entry

· Banned
8,456 Posts
I'd delay asking the current line-up about 2012 a few days, in my experience one tends to feel like Steve Redgrave during that infamous interview, even when winning!

''If you see my going anywhere near the 24hr track, you have my permission to shoot me''

(Apologies to the legend that is Steve Redgrave)

Somebody remember to check the union flag is the right way up for a change,

Pump out some Heavy D if you get the chance, and have a great race.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Just got a picture from rollonelater, good to see three EAHORCers on the rostrum. For Clive and Dave it is a repeat, but for Craig it is all new. I wonder what he is thinking!

Respect to whomever made sure, on this day of days, that the union flag IS the right way up...

· Banned
8,456 Posts
I just remembered there was talk of live timing, provided by one the northern 1/32nd clubs, as well as brakes being trialed. What happened to those things? The second one does not matter to us 'watching' best we can, but the first one promised to be super cool.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Laps covered by teams in hour 2:

Wrun 257
MARC 248
Sports C 236
DHORC 226
VDT 217
Ecurie 215
Allsorts 213
Gixx 192

Laps covered by teams in hour 3:

Wrun 259
Sports C 245
MARC 241
DHORC 232
VDT 221
Ecurie 201
Gixx 177
Allsorts 171

· Banned
8,456 Posts
QUOTE (Spiritlodger @ 12 Nov 2011, 16:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Deane, Nick and everyone else for your best wishes.

On Friday I escaped from the clutches of the NHS yet again

Hopefully the Angiogram and further Angioplasty carried out on my heart will have done the trick this time. I need to take it easy for a week or two to let the surgery wounds heal, and the DVLA will not let me drive for at least a week, but once this is over I have every intention of getting back to normality, which of course means lots of slot racing.

Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Regards ... Roy

Good to know, get well soon - and take it easy please...

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to explain Dave. I hope Nick uses your services in the future, since clearly nothing was sorted unless you count the facebook page, which is good but nowhere near in the same league.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
QUOTE (John Stezelecki @ 12 Nov 2011, 16:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Monte,
Thanks for the update.

My pleasure. Off out soon so you wil have to rely on the official facebook feed, which does seem to have reliable and quick updates on the hour. In years to come I hope all the teams will tweet to add to the possible live timing...

I'm hearing the MARC guys are going great and enjoying it all.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
The first lane change has now happened, so the fluctuations begin:

HOUR 4 - 1. Wrun Wragged 1023, 2. MARC 985, 3. Sports Car 939 4. DHORC 911, 5. VDT 899 6. EA 854, 7. Gixxers 793, 8. Allsorts 791

Hour 4 laps

MARC 256
WW 240
Sports 240
VDT 239
DHORC 231
Ecurie 220
All 191
Gixx 208

See you all 9am tomorrow UK time, amazing to think by then the teams will have done another 2300-3300 laps

· Banned
8,456 Posts
It does not sound much, but 9 and 10 lap gaps are not easy to make up when in the first four, especially if in comparable lanes. The track is totally alien to any other out there, and so are the dynamics of the race as a consequence.

I remember when I was on Team USA for my second win, 12 hours of being behind DHORC and saying to Rick Burneson (of HOUSA magazine fame, and still the only man to have won this race and the FIF team race) that it felt as if we had been in second since the previous tuesday, which resonated and has stuck with him ever since. It takes several hours to move into the lead when in that situation, and only then, as was the case that time, if you are coming into good lanes as they come into bad.

Sometimes the event as a race is 'over' by hour 10, barring disaster, and then it is a case of battling the track and the tiredness. Maybe a better rotation would stop that being the case, but maybe not.

Right, gotta scoot now, for real...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.