SlotForum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Premium Member
3,814 Posts
From left (lane 1) to right (lane 8), I think it was:

Écurie Anglaise - Allsorts - DHORC - MARC - Gixxers - Wrun Wragged - Sports Carazing - VDT

By the end it was like this:

Écurie Anglaise - VDT - Sports Carazing - Wrun Wragged - Gixxers - MARC - DHORC - Allsorts

So all the cars finish in the lane before the one where they started. Gixxers had swapped their body shell.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
I can't find any evidence of the 34mm rule, which is just as well as only three cars would be legal. I must admit that the 917 is probably a better body to go for, assuming the rules don't change next year, but the smaller GT40 is probably even better despite being resin.

· Registered
77 Posts
Julian,
One thing that we learned from the Nuvolari Enduro is that each car takes on it's own character once the lights are installed. Usually the car's color shows through the body. So as long as their isn't two cars in red , your ok. Also were the lights are installed and what direction you have them going in makes a difference. During our enduro, I usually have my lights facing towards the back of the car. I get more color out of it and the lights show through the rear window. Colored grain of wheat bulbs can be found or dyed.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
It could be an idea worth looking at.

The lack of a 34mm rule is interesting. On that track you don't actually need it, but there has to be something and currently (if what was listed in the rules section of the programme are the official rules for the event) there isn't anything.

To check the 34mm width you really need a tech gauage, calipers are not really up to the top (they would not show the AFX GT40 as illegal for example, unless you positioned them a certain way) and American ones are too narrow.

Although the AFX GT40 is light compared to what we had gotten used to from AFX before Steve R started the whole Mega-G era, I was very suprised anyone used it when the 917 was on the same list. Amazed I would say. Having said that the resin body Rick brought over was stunning: Light, flexi, low and small, AND legal if the 34mm rule had been in use and enforced.

Go back to Group C I say!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.