SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the early days of slot racing die cast cars were often used by scratch builders mainly by racers using wren /srm 1/43 1/52 scale sets of the day ,with the upsurge in the 1/32 diecast market I thought i would be able to make some cheap and intresting models.
The car in the picture is an American taxi cab and was built very easily by grafting a scaley mondeo chassis into the original floor pan,I had to cast some silicons to replace the rear tyres before it would run well but it now circulates quite hapily ,although some what slower than a plastic car.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
You are a non-stop builder, Grah!
I really like the idea of heavy metal cars that behave much more like the real thing, with good old-fashioned, gravity powered weight being the key. The bodies are bound to take a lot more stick and a decent smash can result in bent metal and peeling paint, much more reminiscent of reality too.

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
Grah1 as you appear to be adept at casting why not make a resin cast of the diecast that way I find you have the best of all worlds.
Alfetta

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi alfetta ,
Ive allready done that one ,and also made vac forms for even lighter versions of die casts .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts