SlotForum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

Jan - R5
A great driving R5!
The brakes can´t controll all the speed that the powerfull motor with the long gearing is pumping out.
Early braking is a must, otherwise it will fly!

Uwe - Benz
Smooth and always under controll - a great driving car!
Gearing too long, acceleration lacks a little behind and brakes could be better.
If you get that in your mind, the Benz will do lap after lap just on the spot!

Dr.Freak - Bugatti
extremly good handling car with a powerfull motor. Long gearing and heavy weight slow down this rocket.
Due to a good chassis, you can enter the turn with high speed and the car will stay in the slot.
Really nice!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

Boro - Panoz
Wow, i thought that the motor in the Bugatti or the R5 are powerfull! I nearly can´t believe this is a Go! Motor.
But knowing from the Porsche Proxy earlier this year - the band width between stock motor varies a LOT and even more!
The Panoz is a great looking car, always liked the look! Nice constant light kit, too!
And it handles really, really well, too!
A car you don´t want to stop driving around your track!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS!

Congratulations to Dusan! A glorious win!
Also congratulations to Andreas and Jan for the podium, well deserved!
Can you believe this is Jan´s first entry to a 1/43rd proxy race?

I can´t wait for the next race in this series!
How will the cars handle a stock go!track?
Keep watching!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Cameron, looking at the pictures - i think the guide is sitting a little high in the chassis, but this was no problem.
The right front wheels lost it´s grub screw. Now the wheel is wobbling on the axle, not being fixed. (i can fix this with a small drop of CA glue, but it will ruin the nice aluminium wheels).
the rear axle has too much play in the axle bearings.
if theses point would be fixed - a little loosening of the body mounting screws will additionaly smooth out the ride.
Nice chassis construction, so! Taking a look at the print quality - i would add 2 to 4% to the flow parameter, you will get a better surface and strenghtend bonding between the layers and the lines.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Great looking cars, nice pictures and great race report like always Peter.

I just forgot this proxy and then it was too late to do anything.

Looks like a fun event and looking forward to see how the next race goes.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
thanks Aki!

i´m looking forward to the next race in this series! It will be on Go! track!
maybe the Clio will do a little better there, but i think my motor is simply too weak!

For the next diecast race, i think FF050 motor would be suited. And they will be more equal due to motor specs.
the Go! motors vary way too much in quality and power. learned this during this race and the Porsche proxy earlier this year!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
21 - 30 of 30 Posts