SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all here are a few progress pictures of my digital 1/43+ build. This build is basically an exercise in excess. I wanted to fit as much track as possible within the limited space I had. After many configurations this is what I thought the final form would be but I “found” more room so things are going to change. I will post as soon as I make the changes. Here is a technical list of what I’ve got going on with the track.

This version is a little more than 65 feet or about 20 meters not including the pit lane.

I have power taps running from a central location to a track just before every digital piece.

The pit lane sensors and chips have been removed from the stock D1/32 piece and installed into 1/4 track go pieces

The start/finish lane chips, sensors and CU have been removed and installed into a full go track I plan on moving the CU under the table as well as the wireless control docks.

It’s all built on 3/4 inch (19mm) plywood using rigid foam insulation for some of the elevations. The table splits in 2 in order to transport it from my shop to my home. Looking at the picture of the whole layout the left side is about 30” X 5’ (76.2cm X 1.52m) the right side is about 4’ X 4-1/2’ (1.22m X 1.37m)

I have made a few custom track lengths so I could make everything fit how I wanted. Still need to add 4 more digital lane changes and 2 D1/32 check lanes.

The tracks will be painted and copper tape will be applied to each lane.
I also plan on chipping the lanes so I can run analog cars but that will be after a few things get finished. Cheers
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood Bumper

Art Wood Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive tire

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
152 Posts
Why would I feel like eating spaghetti right now? Oh! wait...
Nah! seriously if you like it this way well , that's all that matters you got to please yourself and not people on the forum no matter what they said

Side note: If you are running with magnets then any layouts should be fine , as for me I prefer no magnets and seeing the cars everywhere on the track specially the curves is easier to follow the cars and I don't like my layout to look like an HO track layout as the 1/43 scale should be thought more like 1/32 track then HO track but that just my opinion

Mikey

·
Registered
389 Posts
This is a fantastic track and build! Thanks for sharing your progress. Cutting up plastic track is really not that bad of a job to do and you can get great results. Working with Go track is nice because it is relatively inexpensive so if things go wrong you can just try again without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would I feel like eating spaghetti right now? Oh! wait...
Nah! seriously if you like it this way well , that's all that matters you got to please yourself and not people on the forum no matter what they said

Side note: If you are running with magnets then any layouts should be fine , as for me I prefer no magnets and seeing the cars everywhere on the track specially the curves is easier to follow the cars and I don't like my layout to look like an HO track layout as the 1/43 scale should be thought more like 1/32 track then HO track but that just my opinion
Mikey
Hahahahaha I figured someone would mention spaghetti. I run both mag and non mag obviously non mag is slower and tricky but it makes for a good time

This is a fantastic track and build! Thanks for sharing your progress. Cutting up plastic track is really not that bad of a job to do and you can get great results. Working with Go track is nice because it is relatively inexpensive so if things go wrong you can just try again without breaking the bank.
Exactly. I’m always willing to experiment and make new things so cutting track and making new creations comes naturally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts